Ambulatory Direct Care Nurses - Baystate Health
Category(s): Nursing, Ambulatory Direct Care Nurses
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
RN, Outpatient Pediatric Hematology Oncology Nurse
Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’s premier healthcare provider, and home to Baystate Medical Practices, the largest multispecialty group in the region is looking for an experienced Certified APHON Outpatient Pediatric Oncology Nurse- to join our team!
The Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Nurse works collaboratively with physicians and other health team members to lead the development and delivery of high quality, efficient patient care and customer friendly service. Responsible for the management of care for patients with hematologic malignancies and oncologic diagnoses in the outpatient ambulatory clinic, outpatient infusion suite, and along the health care continuum.
- Responsible for ensuring that all educational needs, including age-specific and cultural needs, are addressed for patients/families, and is available to them for consultation. Responsible for the oversight and care provided by assistive personnel. Assumes a role in collaborating to establish and implement policies/procedures and standards of care for the program and acts as an advocate for the patient/family.
- Assumes accountability for own professional practice and for aspects of patient care delegated to others. Follows the Oncology Nursing Society guidelines and recommendations.
- Provides direct care and possesses the knowledge and ability to safely administer chemotherapy, biotherapy, immunotherapy, blood products, and supportive care measures; and is able to manage the patient's care in relation to these treatments.
- Acts as a link between patients and care providers to assist patients/families/caregivers and facilitate patient care.
- Responsible for phone triage, symptom management, and overall coordination of care.
- Responsible for coordination of services/treatments for individual patients and their families, including communication and/or coordination with physicians, providers and other healthcare disciplines. Utilizes multidisciplinary approach to implement plan of care for patients and families.
- Utilizes evidence-based clinical knowledge to prioritize and formulate a plan of care based on patient/family needs. In collaboration with physician/provider and other nursing colleagues/disciplines, responsible for direct patient care and symptom management
- Demonstrates competency in the performance of simple and complex diagnostic and therapeutic procedures such as venipuncture, administration of IV fluids, medications, care of vascular access devices and declotting of lines.
- Administers blood products, medications, antineoplastic agents, analgesics, and supportive care to hematology/oncology patients, as well as to patients with non-cancer diagnoses and is able to manage care in relation to these treatments.
- Demonstrates competency in the performance of simple and complex diagnostic and therapeutic procedures such as venipuncture, administration of IV fluids, medications, antineoplastic therapy, care of vascular access devices and declotting of lines.
Required Work Experience:
- Massachusetts license RN and BLS CPR
- APHON certification required
- CPHON must be obtained within 12 months .
- Minimum of 3 years of nursing experience
- Experience in outpatient pediatric oncology clinic strongly preferred
- Possesses knowledge of chemotherapy, biotherapy, immunotherapy and related symptom management and supportive care measures
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment & handle multiple tasks/priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have competency in delivering exceptional nursing care and have proven success in partnering with both physicians and staff
Location – 759 Chestnut Street Baystate Medical Center
Hours- Full Time 8-4:30PM
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Science: Nursing, Diploma in Nursing (Required)
Basic Life Support – American Heart Association, Certified Registered Nurse – Other, Registered Nurse – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.