Inpatient Direct Care Nurses - Baystate Health
Category(s): Nursing, Inpatient Direct Care Nurses
Full Time / Part Time: Part-Time
This is a part time 12hour/week position flex evening position. In general, the working hours will be 4p-8p Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
This RN will work in PAE and Operative Care, making pre-admission and post-operative phone calls to patients.
Current Pre-admission Testing experience required.
BAYSTATE NOBLE COMMUNITY HOSPITAL:
Baystate Noble Hospital (Baystate Noble) is a 85-bed acute care community hospital helping people in the Greater Westfield community. We offer direct access to world-class technology, diagnostics, and specialists. Together, we passionately work to ensure that you have access to exceptional healthcare, close to home.
The Pre-op/PACU unit has 16 beds and has 4 Operating Rooms. This unit has cutting edge technology: Radioactive Seed Localization of lesions, Phosphorescent guided surgical procedures, Hidden Scar Center of Excellence for Breast Surgery. This community based hospital has a positive culture that is built on patient, provider and staff experience.
Responsible for the provision of basic nursing care to assigned patients in accordance with current BNH Standards of Care. Administers and monitors therapeutic interventions proficiently.
1) Assessment: The registered nurse collects comprehensive data pertinent to the patients health or the situation
2) Diagnosis: The registered nurse analyzes the assessment data to determine issue
3) Outcome identification: The registered nurse identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the patient or situation.
4) Planning: The registered nurse develops a plan that prescribes strategies and alternatives to attain expected outcomes
5) Implementation: The registered nurse implements the identified plan, coordinates care delivery and employs strategies to promote health and healthy environment.
6) Evaluation: The registered nurse evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes.
7) The registered nurse manages nurse-patient/family relationships which may include advocacy, comfort, cultural competence and sensitivity, therapeutic communication, education, and health care transition management.
8) The registered nurse meets all practice/safety, HCAHPS and quality standards
PPE and Safety
Professional development and growth
Member of a multi-disciplinary dedicated team
MA RN License Required
CPR BLS Required
Prior PAE Experience: Pre-admission Testing
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Nursing Degree, Diploma in Nursing (Required)
Advanced Cardiac Life Support – Other, Basic Life Support – American Heart Association, Pediatric Advanced Life Support – Other, Registered Nurse – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.