Ambulatory Direct Care Nurses - Baystate Health
Category(s): Nursing, Ambulatory Direct Care Nurses
Full Time / Part Time: Per Diem
The Baystate Regional Cancer Program includes a multidisciplinary team of the region's most extensive and accomplished cancer specialist providing the highest caliber treatments including chemotherapy, radiation therapy and surgery is looking for a Registered Nurse to join their team in Short Treatment Infusion.
Oncology–SHORT TREATMENT CLINIC RN:- Per Diem
The Short Treatment Nurse provides direct care and possesses the basic oncology knowledge to manage the patient's support care needs in relation to their oncology treatments.
Administers medications, therapeutic agents, analgesics, and supportive care to hematology/oncology patients, as well as to patients with non-cancer diagnoses and is able to manage care in relation to these treatments. Performs Access/De-access of central venous devices, evaluates and reports laboratory values, and coordinates care with providers and nursing staff. Demonstrates competency in the perfomrance of simple and complex diagnostic and therapeutic procedures such as venipuncture, administration of IV fluids, medications, certain anti-cancer therapies, care of vascular access devices and declotting of lines.
- Responsible for coordination of services/treatments for individual patients and their families, including communication and/or coordination with physicians, providers and other healthcare disciplines. Utilizes multidisciplinary approach to implement plan of care for patients and families.
- Provides collaborative backup coverage for fellow Oncology Nurse Clinicians. Optimizes the use of team resources by establishing patient priorities based on patient needs and keeping team members advised of needs and plan.
Required Work Experience:
- MA RN License, BSN and CPR required
- 3 years of acute care nursing experience required
- Oncology experience and knowledge of oncology care, protocols, knowledge of chemotherapy, biotherapy, immunotherapy, IV therapy and related supportive measures strongly preferred
Schedule & Location
- Location – D ’Amour Center for Cancer Care- 3350 Main Street.
- Per Diem – shifts Monday -Friday
Advantages of Working with Baystate Health
- Established career ladders with guaranteed compensation increases.
- Excellent Benefits, Compensation and generous PTO
- Nursing forgivable loan program
- First time home buyers’ program
- High-quality, low-cost medical, dental and vision Insurance
- Competitive 403b retirement match
- Wellbeing programs that include but are not limited to mental, physical and financial health.
We strive to be the place where we can help you build the career you deserve – apply today – YOU belong at Baystate!
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Science: Nursing, Diploma in Nursing (Required)
Advanced Cardiac Life Support – American Heart Association, Basic Life Support – American Heart Association, Oncology Certified Nurse – Oncology Nursing Society/Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation, ONS Radiation Therapy certificate preferred on hire; certificate required within 24 months of hire for Radiation Nurses; – other, PALS & ACLS required for PACU – other, Pediatric Advanced Life Support – Other, Registered Nurse – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.