Inpatient Direct Care Nurses - Baystate Health
Category(s): Nursing, Inpatient Direct Care Nurses
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
** SIGN-ON BONUS UP TO $20,000 **
Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’s premier healthcare provider, and home to Baystate Medical Center (BMC), a Magnet Hospital for Nursing Excellence is looking for a full time, night shift RN for our inpatient Orthopedic unit.
South Wing 7 is dedicated to the care of patients with musculoskeletal/orthopedic conditions and general surgical patients!
32-Bed Orthopedic Specialty Surgical Unit located on the 7th floor of the Mass Mutual Building
- 30 Private Rooms
- 2 Shared Rooms
- Stand-alone computers in each room
- 12 hour shifts-providing patient care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Physical Therapy Room on unit for direct rehabilitation services
- Highly specialized care provided to pre-op and post-op Total Joint Replacement patients
- Those with acute conditions generally associated with trauma, ranging from fractures, ligament tears, tendon tears, and joint dislocations etc.
- A fast-paced unit, with great teamwork, providing excellent care with a multidisciplinary approach.
Benefits for you!
- Established career ladders with guaranteed compensation increases
- Nursing forgivable loan program
- First time home buyers’ program
- High-quality, low-cost medical, dental and vision Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Competitive 403b retirement match
- Free money coach advice from a certified professional
- Wellbeing programs that include but are not limited to mental, physical and financial health
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT. Baystate health is accredited to provide continuing education programs for all of our nurses. Learning and mentoring is at the core of our professional practice model. Baystate sponsors nurses obtaining certification and supports nurse empowerment through attendance at national conferences, loan reimbursement and loan forgiveness.
- MAGNET RECOGNITION & SHARED GOVERNANCE. Baystate Medical Center has achieved Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), a distinction that places the hospital’s nursing staff among the finest in the nation. Shared decision making between the bedside nurses and nurse leaders, which includes areas such as resources, nursing research/evidence-based practice projects, new equipment purchases, and staffing is what makes us stand out from our competition.
- ABUNDANT BENEFITS, SALARY & SO MUCH MORE! Generous compensation package, CEU allowance, high quality, low cost medical/dental, robust paid time off. Ask your recruiter for sign on bonus eligibility.
- Full time day shift
- 6 PM- 630 AM, every other weekend rotating holidays
- Baystate Medical Center, Springfield MA
- Licensed as an RN in the state of Massachusetts
- Current American Heart Association Health Care Provider CPR certification
1) Demonstrates organizational skills that maintain safe delivery of the standard of care for assigned patients/families; manages own assignment by delegating effectively based on patient needs and skills of team members. Administers medications and treatments according to policy/procedure.
2) Conducts accurate age appropriate, clinical assessments; identifies and prioritizes patient/family strengths, needs and priorities; develops, implements and evaluates the patient's individualized plan of care. Documents all assessments according to policy.
3) Recognizes acute changes in patient status and intervenes appropriately.
4) Develops a comprehensive educational plan for the patient/family, utilizing appropriate resources and documents accordingly.
5) Adheres to practice guidelines specific to the care setting: a) utilizes standards, policies and procedures to support clinical decision making b) seeks guidance from appropriate resources c) demonstrates knowledge of performance improvement initiatives
6) Demonstrates caring practices that create a compassionate, supportive, and therapeutic environment for patients and staff, with the aim of promoting comfort and healing and preventing unnecessary suffering.
7) Demonstrates respect for patient/family dignity and privacy in all patient/family interactions. Establishes and maintains mutual trust within the nurse-patient/family relationship, engages patient/family participation in care.
8) Addresses patient experience concerns promptly and objectively. Escalates to leadership as needed.
9) Recognizes ethical dilemmas within ones practice area and uses available resources to intervene effectively.
10) Develops a comprehensive discharge plan utilizing appropriate resources and referrals including community resources; communicates plan and collaborates with the patient/family regarding discharge plans.
11) Actively participates in interdisciplinary patient care rounds. Documents plan and communicates to patients.
12) Participates in unit/house wide performance improvement initiatives.
13) Successfully completes annual competencies and mandatory education requirements.
14) Participates in shared governance and unit decision making.
15) Demonstrates progress in meeting personal and professional goals.
16) Respects diverse views and approaches, and contributes o maintaining an environment of professionalism, tolerance, civilly and acceptance toward all employees, patients, and visitors.
17) Precepts and mentors staff and students.
18) Provides leadership at the unit and division level.
19) Functions in charge nurse role.
20) Advancement to Level III requires completed PNRP worksheet, Clinical Narrative, two positive peer reviews, unit leader recommendation and a minimum of 5 points in the advancement components of professional activities for professional development.
For more information, please visit us online at: www.baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at www.facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
All correspondence can be directed to:
Monique M. Jesus, Associate Recruiter
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Nursing Degree, Diploma in Nursing: Nursing (Required)
Basic Life Support – American Heart Association, Registered Nurse – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.