Care and Case Managers - Baystate Health
Category(s): Nursing, Care and Case Managers
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
The RN Heathcare Quality Specialist supports the provision of the highest quality of patient care and effective utilization and allocation of resources. The RN Healthcare Quality Specialist supports the development, implementation and evaluation of quality and safety related policies, practices, programs and services consistent with the institution's mission, goals and objectives. The RN Healthcare Quality Speicalist reviews/recommends and implements systems and strategies that will be responsive to the ever evolving needs of the clinical and operational areas within Baystate Noble Hospital (BNH) which shall result in high quality, safe clinical performance.
The RN Healthcare Quality Specialist develops and maintains strong working relationship with clinical leaders, physicians/providers at all levels, health information management, finance, human resource representatives, clinical leaders, and all levels of staff promoting a teamwork approach to problem solving.
Under the direction of the Quality Manager perform a variety of tasks involving the monitoring, assessment, and analysis of quality and safety practices and the utilization of hospital resources. to optimize quality and safety through out Baystate Noble Hospital.
1) Individual will organize and coordinate data abstraction, data entry, ensure data validity, presentation and preliminary analyses for selected projects sponsored and/or supported by the Quality Department.
2) He/she will manage/direct/lead/collaborate with necessary ancillary/intradepartmental staff to ensure quality project implementation, monitoring, feedback and identify and implement appropriate next steps.
3) He/she will assist in the measurement of the effectiveness and efficiency of health care service delivery for continuous quality improvement purposes and based on data will develop, recommend and monitor process redesign.
4) Responsible for the abstraction, entry, management, analysis and report of health care data which is the foundation of BNH mandatory publicly reported data set, targeted clinical studies and the dissemination of results through presentation or clearly written narrative.
5) He/she will serve as a liaison to Performance Improvement teams and work with departments to manage quality improvement and resource management studies and facilitate access to clinical and administrative data.
6) Serve as resource/liaison/educator to all hospital departments, service line teams, medical staff regarding quality management, and regulatory compliance
7) Supports preparation activities for regulatory readiness for Joint Commission and other regulatory agencies including supporting tracer activities, survey application, leading formal survey activities, post survey responses, and sentinel event alert program.
8) Support peer review processes. Develop peer review criteria in collaboration with medical staff leaders which are compliant with the Joint Commission, BORM and departmental requirements. Track and monitor patterns and trends. Develop and maintains peer reviews into the reappointments process and ongoing physician performance evaluation (OPPE) and focus performance evaluation (FPPE).
9) Uses appropriate IS systems/web applications to report quality, track quality of care problems and issues, ensuring that communications occur in a highly confidential and timely manner consistent with BH policy.
10) Integrity: works with respectful, credible, and professional demeanor. Demonstrates trust-worthy behaviors, i.e. follow through on commitments, maintains confidentiality and appropriate boundaries, displays ethical behavior and decision making.
11) Assumes responsibility for own professional growth and development including attending appropriate educational programs and maintaining clinical knowledge relevant to performance improvements responsibilities.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Diploma in Nursing: Nursing (Required)
Registered Nurse – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.