Inpatient Direct Care Nurses - Baystate Health
Category(s): Nursing, Inpatient Direct Care Nurses
Full Time / Part Time: Part-Time
Clinical (nurse) Coordinator: Develops/facilitates systems approach to care delivery for a given patient population across care continuum. Assumes leadership role in planning and implementing clinical initiatives that improve quality, efficiency and cost of care delivery. Partners closely with multidisciplinary team and identified physician leaders to optimize patient outcomes and evidenced based practice. Reports to nursing or service line director. Bachelors required, masters preferred (CNL, MSN, NP)
1) Partners with identified medical leaders to develop and implement expert clinical care delivery systems for a defined patient population or service.
2) Demonstrates outstanding clinical and service delivery and utilizes critical thinking, problem solving and expert knowledge to identify and facilitate systems improvements with a strong focus on health promotion, risk reduction and population-based health care.
3) Assumes leadership role in planning and implementing clinical initiatives and quality improvements that demonstrate effective positive progress in key performance metrics such as patient satisfaction, LOS, cost/case and staff engagement or others as defined by program goals
4) Collaborates with inter-professional team members to enhance outcomes across the continuum of care by utilizing, critiquing and/or conducting research to promote evidenced based practice.
5) Identifies high risk patient care issues and trends and implements interventions to achieve optimal/benchmark quality outcomes.
6) Assumes leadership role in population based clinical strategic planning and participates on key committees related to that planning
7) Establishes collaborative relationships with regional providers ( primary care, post acute) and local community organizations to advance population health across region
8) Develops and provides clinical education to direct care clinical staff, cross continuum inter-professional team members as well as patients and families.
9) Participates in community education and awareness campaigns to advance population based health initiatives.
10) Knowledgeable about health care /payment reform and its impact on given population. Participates in creating novel delivery models to meet changing regulations and mandates.
11) Provides concurrent chart review, coordination of care/testing, patient/family education for inpatient stroke population
12) Partners with regional EMS and non BH hospitals to facilitiate stroke protocols and timely transfers
13) Provides post discharge follow up and education through telephone/telemedicine
14) Coordinates and runs Stroke Support Group
15) Coordinates and runs multidicisplinary Stroke committee meetings to study performance, and improve patient care/flow processes
16) Assists with support of Telestroke network
17) Participates and assists in development of community education for stroke education and prevention
18) Partners with Neuroscience Outcomes Manager in data collection and analysis for stroke program quality and performance improvement initiatives. Participates on and reports PI to neurosciences PI team and stroke model of care/quality team.
19) Participates in the development and management of policies, procedures and regulatory requirements to maintain certification/accreditation
20) Participates in stroke related research projects
Required Work Experience:
1) Minimum of five years acute care experience
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Three years of recent neuroscience experience Advanced certification in Neurosciences
Skills and Competencies:
1) Excellent communication & organizational skills
2) The ability to lead a group with varying opinions and provide constructive feedback
3) Interacts regularly with all levels requiring tact and diplomacy
4) takes initiative in completing tasks
5) Ability to deliver presentations and facilitate large group meetings
6) Clinical knowledge of disease/illness/treatment options
7) Energy and excitement to be part of a rapidly expanding comprehensive stroke program that serves the region
8) Well developed PC skills including MS Office: Word, Power Point, Excel
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Arts (Required)
Basic Life Support – American Heart Association, Registered Nurse – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.