Ambulatory Direct Care Nurses - Baystate Health
Category(s): Nursing, Ambulatory Direct Care Nurses
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced RN with previous lead or supervisory experience. Candidates must have a passion for team collaboration, systems thinking, change management, process improvement and a “Patient First” mentality.
- Supervisor that reports to the Practice Manager. The person in this position will be responsible for supervision of clinical staff for Pulmonary Medicine.
- General clinical team oversight for overseeing all clinical flow issues with a focus on patient centered efficiency and patient and staff/provider satisfaction, ensuring that clinical operations comply with required standards and that policies and procedures are in place for all practices, and overseeing mentoring RNs and MAs. The incumbent handles a broad range of day-to-day operational activities, including supervision of clinical staff, actively participates in quality and service improvement, serves on departmental and interdepartmental committees and keeps practice management apprised of the practice's clinical issues and concerns. Role also includes providing direct patient care as determined by practice needs
- The Clinical Supervisor serves as the overall nursing leader for the assigned practices. The incumbent partners with the ambulatory nurses to identify and implement educational and developmental opportunities for staff, convene nursing meetings/huddles, develop nursing policies and procedures, oversee clinical staffing and schedules, and provide guidance to both management and nursing teams on nursing issues and concerns. This role serves as member of the practice leadership team.
- In close collaboration with the Practice Manager, the Clinical Supervisor will be responsible for interpreting and applying policies and procedures, manages demonstrates leadership skills which fosters a collaborative, team-based environment and coordinates all issues related to staff development, including hiring, training and performance management.
- Massachusetts RN license and CPR required; BSN preferred.
- 4-5 years clinical nursing experience required.
- Supervisory, team lead, or charge nursing experience required working in an ambulatory setting is preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in partnership with physicians and other clinicians
- Preferred candidates will have strong organizational and analytical skills with a focus on process improvement
- Excellent team building and people management skills
- Demonstrated track record of successful partnership with nursing, physicians and advanced practitioners
- The Leadership responsibility and scope of the RN Clinical Supervisor includeSupervision of approximently; 18 clinical team members
- Location – multiple locations
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associates of Science: Nursing (Required), Bachelor of Science: Nursing, Diploma in Nursing (Required)
Basic Cardiac Life Support – American Heart Association, Driver License – Other, Registered Nurse – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.