Quality & Improvement Nurses - Baystate Health
Category(s): Nursing, Quality & Improvement Nurses
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
RN, Clinical Patient Safety Coordinator
Under the direction of the Senior Director, Patient Safety Coordinator performs a variety of tasks involving the monitoring, assessment, and analysis of patient care practices focusing on Patient Safety and Culture of Safety.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Coordinate and manage the multidisciplinary team peer review process. Manage cases appropriate for reporting to the Board of Registration in Medicine (BORM), including generation of reports to the BORM.
- Coordinate and manage the Service-Line Performance Improvement process. Develop PI Meeting agendas to assure that required regulatory items are addressed according to regulator’s standards. Investigate internal and external best practices, compile benchmark reports, conduct gap analysis, and report findings to Service-Line PI Teams.
- Function as Improvement expert in applying all improvement methodologies, including but not limited to Failure Modes Effects Analysis (FMEA), Root Cause Analysis (RCA), LEAN methods- value stream mapping, 5S, spaghetti diagram, fishbone diagrams, and change management methodology. Provide ongoing improvement education to PI Teams, Peer Review Teams and other hospital personnel.
- Participate in Culture of Safety activities including facilitating formal and informal Culture of Safety programs and follow up activities.
- Actively participate in PI Huddle, manage grid and coordinate follow-up
- Support Regulatory process for reporting to Board of Registration in Medicine – Quality & Patient Safety Division, and The Joint Commission and DPH/CMS survey processes.
- Registered Nurse, BSN or BA is required.
- 3-5 years clinical nursing experience.
- Strong clinical skills and ability to conduct comprehensive chart/case reviews
- Patient Safety, Quality Improvement or peer review experience is preferred.
- Strong communication, clinical knowledge, organizational skills and the ability to lead teams.
- Strong PC skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Nursing Degree: Nursing (Required)
Registered Nurse – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.