Respiratory - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Respiratory
Full Time / Part Time: Per Diem
Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’s premier healthcare provider, home to Baystate Medical Center (BMC) and the region's only level 1 trauma center is looking for Licensed Respiratory Therapists to join our Respiratory Therapy team!
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, respiratory therapists perform a variety of duties involving all aspects of Respiratory Care. In doing so, maintain and monitor a variety of equipment for both infants and adults. Obtain arterial blood gas samples, assists in cardiopulmonary resuscitation, perform EKG tracings and keep accurate records of all patient therapies. These descriptions cover the essential functions of the position. The incumbent is expected to perform other similar and related duties as assigned. Management has the right to change or add to the job responsibilities at any time. Responsible for the care and treatment of all age ranges of patients.
- Performance reflects knowledge in theory, methods, techniques, skills, and behaviors required to achieve high-quality results in a variety of ages in patients. Demonstrates competence in all respiratory care procedures in areas within their realm of responsibility 95-98% of the time.
- Maintain a complete knowledge in the principles of anatomy and physiology, gas laws, and acid-base balance, pathology of basic lung diseases, and pharmacology 80% of the time.
- Demonstrate knowledge of daily operations of the department including, but not limited to, policies and procedures for R.C. modalities, safety, and infection control.
- Consistently strive for a high level of excellence in respiratory care by suggestion the most beneficial modality of therapy, while keeping in mind patient comfort, safety and potential patient improvement (outcome) on that therapy 95% of the time.
- Demonstrate knowledge of theory, equipment, and clinical situations by applying it to new equipment and/or new and unusual situations 90% of the time.
- Consistently acts as a role model through clinical excellence and patient assessment skills 95% of the time.
- Respect the patient's right to privacy, dignity, and confidentiality 100% of the time. Identifies self to the patient and informs the patient of the procedure to be performed 100% of the time.
- Ability to work cooperatively with a team of people, whether peers or other members of the health care profession 95-98% of the time.
- Deals positively in the work areas by exhibiting courtesy, control of emotions and understanding to patients, visitors, peers, supervisors and other members of the health care team 100% of the time.
ABUNDANT BENEFITS, SALARY & SO MUCH MORE! This position is sign on bonus eligible. Our RT career ladder provides opportunity to advance your profession and livelihood. Generous compensation package, high-quality, low-cost medical/dental, robust paid time off.
- This position is per-diem, Nights 7 PM – 7 AM
- Every other weekend and rotating holidays
- Location: Baystate Medical Center Springfield
- Certified Respiratory Therapist in Massachusetts Required
- Registered Respiratory Therapist, Preferred
- American Heart Association Health Care Provider CPR certification required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support American Heart Association Certification, preferred
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associates of Science: Respiratory Therapy
Basic Life Support – American Heart Association, Licensed Respiratory Therapy – Other, Registered Respiratory Therapist – The National Board for Respiratory Care
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.