Respiratory - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Respiratory
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Under general supervision of the Pulmonary Nurse Manager provides education, training and support to patients and families requiring pulmonary care and collaborates with physicians, nurses and other care professionals to maximize the patient's quality of life through pulmonary rehabilitation.
1) Demonstrates excellence in provision of Pulmonary Rehab Techniques.
2) Designs and implements an individualized Pulmonary Rehab teaching plan to address the cultural and age specific educational needs of pulmonary patient and/or their families.
3) Assesses and manages patients in Pulmonary Rehabilitation Phase II and III.
4) Acts as an advocate for patients/families.
5) Assumes responsibility for own professional practice.
6) Serves as a role model and resource to other staff in area of Pulmonary Rehab.
7) Maintains records and prepares reports as appropriate to position responsibility.
8) Provides instruction in anatomy, physiology, pulmonary disease process, medications and preventative care.
9) Education regarding: breathing exercises and retraining.
10) Education regarding: breathing exercises and retraining.
Required Work Experience:
1) 5 plus years of pulmonary rehab experience
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Ability to multitask, good organizational and critical thinking skills
2) Teaching experience required, specializing in smoking cessation classes
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Certified Respiratory Therapist – The National Board for Respiratory Care
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.