Respiratory - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Respiratory
Full Time / Part Time: Per Diem
We are looking for a Per Diem Respiratory Therapist to join our Baystate Franklin team!
Resume Required with Application
- Per Diem
- Greenfield, MA
- American Heart Association BCLS
- Associate degree, Respiratory Therapy
Baystate Franklin Medical Center is an 89-bed community hospital in Greenfield, MA. Rooted in a rich tradition of service and accountability to the people of Franklin County, North Quabbin, and surrounding communities, BFMC services include emergency, surgery, cancer, heart and vascular, obstetrics, and more.
- More than 200 physicians on active and courtesy staff
- More than 24,000 Emergency Department visits annually.
- More than 400 babies delivered each year in The Birthplace – a progressive, midwife-driven service.
- Training site for the Family Medicine residency, and for residents in emergency medicine, surgery, and obstetrics programs based at Baystate Medical Center
- Franklin Medical Center joined Baystate Health in 1986
Rooted in a rich tradition of 125 years of service and accountability, our highly skilled team is committed to advancing care with our state-of-the art facilities and technology. Baystate Franklin houses a $26 million surgical center and the talented surgical teams of the Baystate Health network. Our spacious pre-surgery, recovery, and family waiting areas offer privacy and comfort with natural light, healing gardens, and other amenities. Our multidisciplinary approach gives you access to specialists from across the Baystate Health system, offering comprehensive and collaborative medical treatments close to home.
For more information, please visit us online at: baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers
All correspondence can be directed to:
Cole Courtemanche, Healthcare Recruiter
Under the supervision of the Manager and Coordinator of the Cardiopulmonary Department, and according to established policies and procedures, the Respiratory Therapist performs a wide variety of duties within the scope of Respiratory Care. The RT provides all care in accordance with physician's orders. Will have a thorough knowledge of department Policies and Procedures.
1) Performance reflects knowledge in techniques, skills and behaviors required to provide professional Respiratory Care to patients across the age continuum.
Demonstrates competence in all routine/required Respiratory Care procedures, therapies, and treatment modalities.
2) Demonstrates knowledge of human anatomy and physiology, gas laws, acid base balance, ventilation and respiratory abnormalities, pathology of common lung diseases, and principles of pharmacology that relate to the role of the Respiratory Therapist.
3) Demonstrates through performance a knowledge of department policies and procedures, both clinical and non-clinical. These include respiratory care, infection control, safety, confidentiality, and other policies as appropriate.
4) Provides clear, thorough, and timely clinical information hand off at appropriate times. Is receptive to receiving same from other members of the care team.
5) Demonstrates knowledge of respiratory needs of the patient by suggesting optimal therapy based on patient need and clinical assessment.
6) Demonstrates willingness to ask for assistance/guidance when workload or complexity exceeds ability to provide timely competent care.
7) Consistently meets educational requirements for maintenance of Massachusetts licensure by the Board of Registration in Respiratory Care and keeps licensure current.
8) Demonstrates care and concern for patient and family. Advocates for needs of the patient, and respects patient's right to privacy, dignity and confidentiality.
9) Clearly identifies self, role in patient care, and details of therapy or procedure being done prior to beginning work with patient.
10) Completes PPID scanning of patients and medications per policy prior to administering medication.
11) Attends staff meetings and in-services on a regular basis.
12) Attends ICU patient care rounds.
13) Assists other members of the health care team with respiratory assessment/oxygen therapy/airway maintenance as needed.
Required Work Experience:
Preferred Work Experience:
1) 1-5 years
Skills and Competencies:
1) None Listed
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associates of Science: Respiratory Therapy (Required)
Advanced Cardiac Life Support – American Heart Association, Basic Cardiac Life Support – American Heart Association, Certified Respiratory Therapist – Other, Registered Respiratory Therapist – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.