Respiratory - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Respiratory
Full Time / Part Time: Part-Time
Sign on Bonus!
Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’s premier healthcare provider, and home to Baystate Medical Center (BMC), the regions only tertiary care and level 1 trauma facility is seeking a Registered Respiratory Therapist to join our team!
There are many opportunities to develop your career and clinical expertise in a variety of ways here at BMC. In the critical care environment, the Emergency Department and the Children’s Hospital; there are many protocols developed to promote independent practice as a therapist. Additionally, we are developing Respiratory Therapist Consult roles and Adult/Pediatric dual practice roles. With over 80 full-time RRTs, we are a large team and promote professional development with additional support for the new Respiratory Therapist. We offer a year-long Respiratory Care Residency program and additional time in orientation for those that are cross-training. We have a clinical ladder that rewards team members for contributing to professional development and improvement of our team. Our therapists are highly skilled and provide specialty therapies.
Baystate Health, Respiratory Therapists perform an important role providing care to our patients. Our RT’s work in all areas of the hospital and have the opportunity to focus their work with either adult or pediatric patients.
Respiratory Therapists will find that we have an autonomous practice with the team along with many therapist driven protocols
Baystate offers a multitude of professional development opportunities, and clinical ladder growth
ABUNDANT BENEFITS, SALARY & SO MUCH MORE! Generous compensation package, CEU allowance, high quality, low cost medical/dental, robust paid time off.
12 hour shifts, 7PM-7:30AM
Part Time Nights (24 hrs/week)
Will Consider 8, 10 and 12 hour shifts
Associate's Degree – required
Bachelor's Degree – preferred
RT in Massachusetts – Required
CRT – Required
Basic Life Support – American Heart Association – Required
Registered RT – Preferred
ACLS – Preferred
For more information, please visit us online at: baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
1) Performance reflects knowledge in theory, methods, techniques, skills and behaviors required to achieve high quality results in a variety of ages in patients. Demonstrates competence in all respiratory care procedures in areas within their realm of responsibility 95-98% of the time.
2) Maintains a complete knowledge in the principles of anatomy and physiology, gas laws, and acid base balance, pathology of basic lung diseases, and pharmacology 80% of the time.
3) Demonstrates knowledge of daily operations of department including, but not limited to, polices and procedures for R.C. modalities, safety, and infection control.
4) Consistently strives for a high level of excellence in respiratory care by suggesting most beneficial modality of therapy, while keeping in mind patient comfort, safety and potential patient improvement (outcome) on that therapy 95% of the time.
5) Demonstrates knowledge of theory, equipment and clinical situations by applying it to new equipment and/or new and unusual situations 90% of the time.
6) The preparation and ability to meet organizational, personal and professional commitments. Willingness to accept responsibility for decisions made and to be accountable for the same 95% of the time.
7) Consistently acts as a role model through clinical excellence and patient assessment skills 95% of the time.
8) Respects patients right to privacy,dignity and confidentiality 100% of the time. Identifies self to patient and informs patient of procedure to be performed 100% of the time.
9) Ability to work cooperatively with a team of people, whether peers or other members of the health care profession 95-98% of the time.
10) Deals with positively in the work areas by exhibiting courtesy, control of emotions and understanding to patients, visitors, peers, supervisors and other members of the health care team 100% of the time.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associates of Science: Respiratory Therapy (Required)
Basic Cardiac Life Support – American Heart Association, Licensed Respiratory Therapy – Other, Registered Respiratory Therapist – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.