Respiratory - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Respiratory
Full Time / Part Time: Part-Time
Under general supervision and according to established procedures, performs a variety of duties involving the cleaning, maintenance and assembling of all Respiratory Care equipment. In doing so, observes all isolation and body substance precautions. Processes all equipment in a timely fashion and keeps adequate stock levels at all times. Performs EKG tracing.
1) HAS A COMPLETE UNDERSTANDING AND KNOWLEDGE BASE OF ALL CLEANING AND STERILIZATION PROCEDURES. Daily, cleans, maintains and assembles all equipment. Daily, processes all equipment in a timely fashion.
c. Demonstrates adequate knowledge with operation of pasteurmatic washer.
2) MAINTAIN STOCK LEVELS. Maintains equipment and supply rooms in a neat and orderly fashion. Maintains all stock areas with sufficient quantities according to par levels established. Maintains appropriate number of oxygen cylinders in designated areas.
3) Demonstrates knowledge of daily operations of department including, but not limited to, polices and procedures for R.C. modalities, safety, and infection control.
4) HAS COMPLETE KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING OF BODY SUBSTANCE PRECAUTIONS. Processes all equipment according to BSP procedures and policies. Assures clean area is separated from dirty area.
5) WORKS INDEPENDENTLY ON ASSIGNED SHIFT WITHOUT DIRECT SUPERVISION. Shows the ability to work without close supervision. Keeps supervisor informed of equipment needs and problems. Assures pick up of beeper and answers pages in a timely fashion. Demonstrates adaptability when assignment changes or interruptions occur requiring immediate attention.
6) ADMINISTERS COMPLETE LIST OF RESPIRATORY CARE PROCEDURES.
Shows the ability to recognize, set and work with priorities. Performs and documents oxygen and aerosol checks as determined by chart review.
7) PERFORMANCE OF EKG TRACINGS.
a. Applies electrodes and attaches lead wires appropriately to ensure quality tracing 95-98% of time.
b. Responds to STAT calls according to approved policy.
c. Follow through with paperwork (filing) in appropriate manner.
8) Respects patients right to privacy, dignity and confidentiality 100% of the time. Identifies self to patient and informs patient of procedure to be performed 100% of the time.
9) Ability to work cooperatively with a team of people, whether peers or other members of the health care profession 95-98% of the time.
10) Deals with positively in the work areas by exhibiting courtesy, control of emotions and understanding to patients, visitors, peers, supervisors and other members of the health care team 100% of the time.
Required Work Experience:
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Experience in Patient Care Setting, using patient care related equipment and some patient care contact
Skills and Competencies:
1) None Listed
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Certified Respiratory Therapist – The National Board for Respiratory Care
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.