Orderlies - Baystate Health
Category(s): Clinical Support, Orderlies
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
The Department of Healthcare Delivery and Population Sciences is looking to hire a Research Ambulation Orderly to join our team and participate in NIH funded cutting edge research on post-hospitalization outcomes. The Ambulation trial (1R01AG073278) will test the value of regular ambulation in hospitalized patients among 3,000 patients at 6 hospitals. This position will be responsible for working with patients directly in-hospital to determine study eligibility, walking patients, and working with other staff to complete study tasks.
This position will generate research data through completing study protocol activities. We are hiring one full-time (40 hrs/wk) and one part-time (~24 hrs/wk) research ambulator to support the operations for this study with some weekend hours also being required, all 1st shift hours. This position is fully grant funded over the next four years. For more information about these trials, see reporter.NIH.gov and search using the grant number.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Screen and recruit admitted patients that meet eligibility criteria on specific hospital units.
• Walk patients multiple times per day according to study ambulation protocols and best safety practices.
• Conduct or collect Short Physical Performance Battery (SPPB), 6-Clicks, Activities of Daily Living (ADL), and other assessments.
• Record study data onto case report forms and transcribe into electronic capture system (REDCap)
• Attend study team meetings to report study recruitment and activity progress.
• Work day shifts and some weekend hours to meet study timeline needs.
• Communicate with hospital unit staff to identify eligible patient’s needs and ensure patient wellbeing.
• Clean research ambulation equipment after patient use. Maintain order in visited clinical units and patient rooms.
Successful candidates will undergo training for ambulating and working throughout the hospital with patients closely to conduct screening tests and study assessments. This position reports to the Clinical Research Manager and overseen by the clinical unit staff. Will be responsible for patient ambulation for the purposes of collecting research study data and reporting. No advanced certifications are needed for this position.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Basic Life Support – American Heart Association
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.