Reproductive Biology - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Reproductive Biology
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Reproductive Biologist is responsible, along with other Reproductive Biology Lab staff, for providing quality Andrology and Embryology tests and procedures for infertile couples wishing to achieve pregnancy. Responsibilities include technical benchwork, quality control, and quality assurance activities and paperwork. Works closely with a team with others on the Reproductive Biology staff, maintains good communication with Reproductive Endocrine nurses, IVF nurses, and clerical staff, and communicates lab information to Reproductive Endocrine physicians as appropriate.
- Performs all Andrology and Embryology tests and procedures (including Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection, Assisted Hatching, and Vitrification) with accuracy and precision
- Performs Quality Control/Cleaning consistently and in a timely way.
- Participates in Quality Assurance activities. Demonstrates knowledge of CAP requirements and actively participates in CAP lab inspections.
- Checks Identification of all patients whose samples enter the lab and ensures that the primary container is labeled with 2 identifiers. Uses two identifiers to track samples at all times. Performs Time Outs at time of Retrieval and Transfer.
- Ensures that a requisition has been received for all tests and procedures. Ensures that a consent form has been received when appropriate. Selects appropriate billing case and confirms that physician, hospital service, insurance or self-pay, location, and ICD10 codes/diagnosis are correct. Selects the correct test and enter it correctly into the lab computer system. Contacts physician or appropriate parties for clarification if order/information is unclear.
- Bachelors Degree Required
- Experience in Reproductive Biology Lab Procedures (Andrology and Embryology) strongly preferred
- Must have great attention to detail, be organized and conscientious
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and make sound decisions;
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, ability to work as team player
- FT Monday – Friday 7-3:30
- Weekend rotation required after successful training and orientation
- Career ladder and advancement opportunities for the IVF Reproductive Biologist
- Level I – Bachelor's Degree – Experience in Reproductive Biology Lab Procedures preferred
- Level II -Bachelor's Degree – Experience in Reproductive Biology Lab Procedures required
- Level III –Bachelor's Degree – Experience in Reproductive Biology Lab Procedures required and certification as a (TS) Technical Supervisor American Board of Bioanalysis (ABB)
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Arts (Required)
Certified Bioanalyst – American Association of Bioanalysts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.