Data Entry - Baystate Health
Category(s): Administrative Support, Data Entry
Full Time / Part Time: Part-Time
** SIGN ON BONUS ELIGIBLE **
We are looking for a Patient Registration/Financial Services Representative to join our Baystate Franklin team!
Up to $2,000 in sign-on bonuses (external candidates)
Resume required with application
- 32 hours, second shift, every other weekend & rotating holidays
- Greenfield, MA
Baystate Franklin Medical Center is an 89-bed community hospital in Greenfield, MA. Rooted in a rich tradition of service and accountability to the people of Franklin County, North Quabbin, and surrounding communities, BFMC services include emergency, surgery, cancer, heart and vascular, obstetrics, and more.
· More than 200 physicians on active and courtesy staff
· More than 24,000 Emergency Department visits annually
· More than 400 babies delivered each year in The Birthplace – a progressive, midwife-driven service
· Training site for the Family Medicine residency, and for residents in emergency medicine, surgery, and obstetrics programs based at Baystate Medical Center
· Franklin Medical Center joined Baystate Health in 1986
Rooted in a rich tradition of 125 years of service and accountability, our highly skilled team is committed to advancing care with our state-of-the art facilities and technology. Baystate Franklin houses a $26 million surgical center and the talented surgical teams of the Baystate Health network. Our spacious pre-surgery, recovery, and family waiting areas offer privacy and comfort with natural light, healing gardens, and other amenities. Our multidisciplinary approach gives you access to specialists from across the Baystate Health system, offering comprehensive and collaborative medical treatments close to home.
Under direction of the Revenue Cycle Registration Manager, receives and assesses requests from all major customer constituencies: patients, providers, service areas and payers. Analyzes customer requests and coordinates accurate and thorough information exchange. Provides accurate documentation following all established protocols. Collaborates with service area and acts as liaison between Baystate Health and our external customers to satisfy customer requests. Performs responsibilities within established customer service standards.
1) Registers and/or pre-registers patients both in person and via telephone.
2) Collects/verifies/updates all account demographic and financial information including insurance information within established quality assurance thresholds.
3) Adheres to call guides and communicates in a professional, respectful and appropriate manner to all patients and/or family members as well as hospital staff.
4) Collects co-payments, deductibles, co-insurance, and other patient balances where applicable.
5) Accepts payment, releases change, and provide receipt with 100% accuracy as indicated by daily balancing.
6) Secures cash drawer according to departmental procedures with random quarterly balance checks 100% of the time.
7) Provides preparation instructions and directions to various locations.
8) Participates in a variety of activities in support of the product line which may include quality assurance review, mentoring, statistical collection and report production.
9) Participates in assigned team activities in support of product line, team and department.
10) Attends required in-service/meetings. Maintains resources. Accepts/encourages assessment/feedback from peers and supervisors.
11) Prepares daily deposit for pickup that will be delivered to the BMC cashier by a representative from BMC security or other authorized representative.
12) Completes ED Unit Coordinator functions as required by shift assignment including: BMD functions, ambulance quick registration, co-ordination of patient transport, maintains patient chart and prepares chart for transfer-discharge, Medical Records.
13) Covers hospital Switchboard, if applicable.
14) Completes admission functions as prompted by request from appropriate clinical areas and reconciles census.
15) Completes cashier functions for facility, patient inquiries and patient balances. Prepares daily cash receipts and process all petty cash request.
16) Completes operator functions for facility. Dispatches critical codes, activates emergency code teams, disaster response team and stat pages. Alerts engineering to alarms.
Required Work Experience:
1) Minimum of 90 days experience as an RFR I
2) Successfully completed departmental orientation, and signed off by mentor in assigned product line
3) Completes assigned activities independently 90% of the time
4) Completes check-in functions independently
Preferred Work Experience:
Skills and Competencies:
1) Keyboard skills and ability to type 25 WPM
2) Speak, read, and write English clearly and concisely using correct grammar and vocabulary
GED or HiSET (Required)
All correspondence can be directed to:
Precious Coley, Associate Recruiter
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Certified Medical Terminology – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.