Data Entry - Baystate Health
Category(s): Administrative Support, Data Entry
Full Time / Part Time: Part-Time
Summary Under the direction of the Revenue Cycle Registration Manager/Supervisor, the ED Registration Representative is responsible for interviewing patients and collecting patient demographic and insurance information in a fast-paced, high-stress Emergency Department environment. Collects necessary patient responsibility payments at the time of registration. Duties also include working closely with insurance, Clinical Staff, Medical Records, and other hospital personnel to ensure patient safety and fiscal reimbursement. Obtains necessary signatures of all required forms and interacts in a professional and courteous manner with fellow staff members and the public at large.
1) Successfully complete training in Patient Registration Department policies, procedures, workflows, and applications including annual web-based training and basic medical terminology.
2) Complete departmental orientation to product lines; demonstrate competency in introductory proficiency testing >91%.
3) Receive sign-off by a mentor in product line activities.
4) Complete Compassionate Connections Program.
5) Maintain at least a 90% QA pass rate in overall account reviews, MSP, and RQA alerts.
6) Respect: Treat all patients, coworkers, and internal partners with dignity and respect. Integrity: Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and use good judgment in your work; lead by example.Teamwork: Maintain individual productivity and support workgroup effectiveness. Build and nurture relationships and value others. Lifelong Learning: Strive to be curious in the pursuit of knowledge while being open and taking in new ideas and perspectives.
7) Service Focus: Identify opportunities that benefit our patients, coworkers, and internal partners.Ownership: Take initiative, responsibility, and accountability for one’s own performance; be proactive, ask questions, develop ideas, and ask for feedback.Collaboration: Communicate with internal and external partners with open-mindedness to achieve shared goals; professionally resolve conflict when it arises.Valuing Differences: Contribute to a work climate where differences are valued and supported; seek to understand different perspectives and cultures. Courage: Show initiative, ask questions, think big, and step out of your comfort zone.
8) Effectively communicate with patients during high-stress events to gather detailed demographic and payor information to ensure patient safety and fiscal reimbursement for the organization.
9) Must be capable of controlling emotions and reactions during tragic and sometimes dangerous patient interactions. Maintaining a calm and compassionate disposition is essential.
10) Ability to communicate verbally and/or in writing with coworkers and clinical partners to problem-solve issues and share recommendations for improvements.
11) Complete FirstNet account discharges, transfers, and status changes.
Complete morning and afternoon Preadmissions by designated timeframe as well as surgical late discharges.
12) Successfully complete BH ED policies and procedures including Trauma Registration, “JDoe” Registration, Burn reporting, Animal bite reporting, Weapons Related Injury Surveillance System (WRISS), Sexual Assault Nurses Exam (SANE)
13) Ability to analyze data received from insurance carriers to determine and educate patients about their financial responsibility for their ED visit
14) Request and collect pre-determined patient responsibility payments by use of an online payment portal and utilizes payment plan options for patients that cannot afford to make the payment in full.
15) Ability to initiate emergency code procedures via overhead page**
16) Demonstrate the ability of donning and doffing of PPE. Demonstrate knowledge of basic concepts of Infection Control and can adapt this knowledge to BH ED environments. Understands sufficient medical terminology to communicate with clinical staff partners.
17) Demonstrate ability to manage scheduling changes. Demonstrate ability to obtain coverage for missed shifts.
Required Experience Customer Service experience
Preferred Experience Previous experience in patient registration. Bilingual
Skills/Competencies Certified Medical Terminology
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Certified Medical Terminology – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.