Data Entry - Baystate Health
Category(s): Administrative Support, Data Entry
Full Time / Part Time: Part-Time
Under direction of the Revenue Cycle Registration Manager, receives and assesses requests from all major customer constituencies: patients, providers, service areas and payers. Analyzes customer requests and coordinates accurate and thorough information exchange. Provides accurate documentation following all established protocols. Collaborates with service area and acts as liaison between Baystate Health and our external customers to satisfy customer requests. Performs responsibilities within established customer service standards.
1) Registers and/or pre-registers patients both in person and via telephone.
2) Collects/verifies/updates all account demographic and financial information including insurance information within established quality assurance thresholds.
3) Adheres to interview guides and communicates in a professional, respectful and appropriate manner to all patients and/or family members as well as hospital staff.
4) Collects co-payments, deductibles, co-insurance, and other patient balances where applicable.
5) Accepts payment, releases change, and provide receipt with 100% accuracy as indicated by daily balancing.
6) Secures cash drawer according to departmental procedures with random quarterly balance checks 100% of the time.
7) Provides preparation instructions and directions to various locations.
8) Participates in a variety of activities in support of the product line which may include quality assurance review, mentoring, statistical collection and report production.
9) Participates in assigned team activities in support of product line, team and department.
10) Attends required in-service/meetings. Maintains resources. Accepts/encourages assessment/feedback from peers and supervisors.
11) Prepares daily deposit for pickup that will be delivered to the BMC cashier by a representative from BMC security or other authorized representative. BMC ONLY
Required Work Experience:
1) Successfully completed departmental orientation, and signed off by mentor in assigned product line
2) Completes assigned activities independently 90% of the time
3) 1st shift 24 hours, 2 days per week (12 hour shift) 7:00AM-7:30PM
Preferred Work Experience:
Skills and Competencies:
1) Keyboard skills and ability to type 25 wmp
2) Speak, read, and write English clearly and concisely using correct grammar and vocabulary
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Certified Medical Terminology – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.