Inpatient Direct Care Nurses - Baystate Health
Category(s): Nursing, Inpatient Direct Care Nurses
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’s premier healthcare provider, and home to Baystate Medical Center (BMC), a Magnet Hospital for Nursing Excellence is looking for a Registered Nurse to join Springfield 2!
- Springfield 2 serves a wide variety of patients aged 22 to 100 + with common diagnoses that may include: acute or chronic conditions, gastrointestinal disorders, infections processes, behavioral health, neurological & circulatory impairment, kidney disease, and diabetes.
- The unit has 32 beds, 16 semi-private rooms, and they have completed several nurse driven change projects including activity/mobility tool, acuity based assignments, capacity management workflow, and foley utilization.
- The Manager is dedicated to professional growth and the nursing model of care, and the unit has a close partnership with Physician Medical Director.
MAGNET RECOGNITION & SHARED GOVERNANCE. Baystate Medical Center has achieved Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), a distinction that places the hospital’s nursing staff among the finest in the nation. Shared decision making between the bedside nurses and nurse leaders, which includes areas such as resources, nursing research/evidence-based practice projects, new equipment purchases, and staffing is what makes us stand out from our competition.
SAFETY & SUPPORT. PPE coaches and educators on site to help you throughout the day or night. Baystate Health is committed to your safety and education. We provide with the appropriate resources you need to care for yourself and your patients.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT. Baystate health is accredited to provide continuing education programs for all our nurses. Learning and mentoring is at the core of our professional practice model. Baystate sponsors nurses obtaining certification and supports nurse empowerment through attendance at national conferences, loan reimbursement and loan forgiveness.
ABUNDANT BENEFITS, SALARY & SO MUCH MORE! Generous compensation package, CEU allowance, high quality, low cost medical/dental, robust paid time off. Please check with your recruiter for sign on bonus eligibility.
- Location: Baystate Medical Center, Springfield MA
- Dept: Springfield 2
- Hours: Full Time, days 7AM-7PM
- Shift: Day
- Successfully passed Board of Registration in Nursing Examination and licensed in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Current American Heart Association Health Care Provider CPR certification required.
- Experience: Minimum 1-year RN experience
- Education: ADN required BSN preferred
All correspondence can be directed to:
DIVERSE PROVIDERS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE PRACTICE LOCATIONS.
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Nursing Degree, Diploma in Nursing: Nursing (Required)
Basic Life Support – American Heart Association, Registered Nurse – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer