Inpatient Direct Care Nurses - Baystate Health
Category(s): Nursing, Inpatient Direct Care Nurses
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
** Substantial Rate Increases **
**Sign on bonus **
Baystate Health, a nationally recognized leader in healthcare quality and safety, and home to Baystate Wing, a joint commission accredited and designated primary stroke service hospital is looking for inpatient Registered Nurses to join the team.
At Baystate Health, RN means more. It stands for our deep respect for nursing professional practice that is essential to our mission. It also stands for Baystate’s many opportunities for growth and learning in the region’s only academic medical center and within our community hospitals, and it stands for our commitment to taking care of all those in the community who need us.
- $12,000 bonus for an external RN with one year of experience!
- $10,000 bonus and the chance to join an amazing nurse residency program for an RN with under one year of experience!
Why Baystate Wing Hospital?
This beautifully renovated 74- bed community hospital offers 24 hour emergency care and a broad range of inpatient and outpatient services. Wing brings the cutting edge technology, professional patient care and fulfilling nursing careers that Baystate Health is known for, to the smaller communities of the Palmer MA region.
- 46 bed modern Medical-Surgical and Intermediate Care Unit with advanced equipment and a wide variety of patients daily.
- Fast paced environment, where nurses work in multiple modalities from orthopedics to plastics and are cross-trained into the intermediate care. This IMC team will stabilize and assist the critical care team for ambulance or helicopter transport.
- Patient ratios of 5:1 in Med-Surg and 3:1 in IMC
- This unit is well-staffed with ancillary support, management, supervisors and multiple nurse educators & coordinators – on each shift!
- Multimodal orientation program utilizing latest evidence-based online education programs, interactive classroom lectures, and high-fidelity simulation.
- The perk of a smaller, community hospital is that you will never get lost in a crowd. We provide individual and tailored orientation for every nurse that comes through our doors.
- All Shifts Available
- Every other weekend and rotating holidays. Some schedule accommodations can
- be made, just ask your recruiter!
- Location: Baystate Wing Hospital
- New Grad RN (0-1 year of RN Licensure)$41.00
- Experienced RN (1+ years of RN Licensure) $42.66-$65.00
- Competitive shift differentials and allowance plans
THE ADVANTAGES OF WORKING WITH BAYSTATE!
- Excellent Compensation
- High-quality, low-cost medical, dental and vision insurance
- Pet, home, auto and personal insurance
- Certification and continuing education reimbursement
- Nursing forgivable loan program
- 403b retirement company match & annual company contribution increase based on years of service
- Life insurance
- First time homebuyer program
- Free money coach advice from a certified professional
- Reimbursement for a variety of wellbeing activities, included but limited to: gym membership and equipment, personal trainer, massage and so much more!
- Wellbeing programs that include but are not limited to mental, physical, and financial health
- Successfully passed Board of Registration in Nursing Examination and is licensed in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Current American Heart Association Health Care Provider CPR certification required.
- Education: Diploma in Nursing
We strive to be the place where we can help you build the career you deserve – apply today – YOU belong at Baystate!
Our compensation philosophy
We offer competitive total compensation that includes pay, benefits, and other recognition programs for our employees. The base pay range shown above considers the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including knowledge/skills; relevant experience and training; education/certifications/licensure; and other business and organizational factors. This base pay range does not include our comprehensive benefits package and any incentive payments that may be applicable to this role.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Nursing Degree, Diploma in Nursing: Nursing (Required)
Basic Life Support – American Heart Association, Registered Nurse – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.