Inpatient Direct Care Nurses - Baystate Health
Category(s): Nursing, Inpatient Direct Care Nurses
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
** SIGN-ON BONUS, UP TO $12,000 **
Baystate Health is seeking a Registered Nurse to join our Critical Care Transport team!
Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated health care organizations, serving a population of nearly one million people throughout western New England. With roots dating back to the founding of Springfield City Hospital in 1873, Baystate Health has been providing high-quality and compassionate health care in western Massachusetts for more than 145 years. With more than 12,000 employees, a medical staff of nearly 3,100 physicians, and a net patient service revenue of more than $2.5 billion, the ever-growing health system includes five Massachusetts hospitals and the Baystate Mary Lane Outpatient Center in Ware:
- Baystate Medical Center in Springfield
- Baystate Children’s Hospital (located at Baystate Medical Center)
- Baystate Franklin Medical Center in Greenfield
- Baystate Wing Hospital in Palmer
- Baystate Noble Hospital in Westfield
- Full time, night shift
- Provide care to patients in accordance with current Baystate Health Standards of Care
- Respond and collaborate with Baystate Medical Center Rapid Response Team (RRT) when available
- Maintain clinical skill and proficiency
- Maintain licenses and certifications required for the role
- Perform and monitor patient response to therapeutic interventions
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of clinical process as it relates to patients and families
- Collaborate with health team members, patients, and families
- Act as an advocate for patients and families
- Practice within accepted ethical and legal parameters
- Maintain a positive relationship with Baystate Health staff and regional stakeholders
- Demonstrate Baystate Health standards and vision in all situations
- Inspect and restock supplies and equipment used to perform patient care.
- Quality assurance activities
- Quality improvement activities
- Stakeholder education and outreach
- At least 3 years of full- time nursing experience in a critical care area such as ICU or ED
- Licensed RN in the state of Massachusetts
- Associate of Science in Nursing (with BS in another field or enrolled in BSN program)
- MA EMT license within 1 year of hire
- Enrollment in a Bachelor’s of Nursing Degree program
- MA Paramedic license
- AHA instructor certifications
- MA Respiratory Therapist license
- Invasive line monitoring experience
- Device monitoring experience
For more information jobs, please visit us at: baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
All correspondence can be directed to:
Monique M. Jesus, Associate Recruiter
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Nursing Degree (Required), Master of Nursing
Advanced Cardiac Life Support – American Heart Association, Basic Cardiac Life Support – American Heart Association, Certified Clinical Transport Nurse – American Board for Transplant Certification, Certified Flight Registered Nurse (CFRN) – Board of Certification for Emergency Nursing, Critical Care Registered Nurse Adult/Neo/Ped – American Association of Critical-Care Nurses, Driver License – Other, Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) – Paramedic – Other, Neonatal Advanced Life Support – Other, Pediatric Advanced Life Support Instructor – American Heart Association, Registered Nurse – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.