Inpatient Direct Care Nurses - Baystate Health
Category(s): Nursing, Inpatient Direct Care Nurses
Full Time / Part Time: Part-Time
Baystate Noble Hospital (Baystate Noble) is a 85-bed acute care community hospital helping people in the Greater Westfield community. We offer direct access to world-class technology, diagnostics, and specialists. Together, we passionately work to ensure that you have access to exceptional healthcare, close to home. Our skilled and compassionate nurses and medical support staff offer an ideal combination of “high tech” and “high touch,” complementing an outstanding team of doctors. The newly-renovated Fowler Unit provides behavioral health services such as suicide screening and assessments. External Hires: $13,500 sign on bonus for nurses with 1+ years of experience and $4,000 sign on bonuses for new licensed nurses.
Fowler Adult Inpatient psychiatric Unit is a 20 bed unit with a Sensory Room with a Somatron Chair, Ligature resistant bedrooms and an attached Patio for fresh air breaks
Responsible for the provision of basic nursing care to assigned patients in accordance with current BNH Standards of Care. Administers and monitors therapeutic interventions proficiently. Demonstrates proficiency in applying the nursing process to assigned patients and families. Assumes accountability for the outcomes of nursing care. Provides direct supervision to other health team members in the implementation of the patient care plan. Effectively delegates care to peers, Licensed Practical Nurses, Nursing Assistants, Orderlies and other direct care givers consistent with their level of education and expertise. Acts as an advocate for patients/families/significant others. Assumes accountability for own professional practice and for aspects of nursing care delegated to others. Practices within accepted ethical and legal parameters of nursing. Demonstrates ability to handle difficult and stressful patient situations. Consistently positive performance appraisals in key areas of function and interpersonal skills. Incumbent is expected to perform other similar and related duties as assigned. Management has the right to change or add to the job responsibilities at any time. Evidence of a commitment to professional growth through participation in continuing education. Completes mandatory unit, Patient Care Division, and hospital wide in-services and requirements.
1) Assessment: The registered nurse collects comprehensive data pertinent to the patients health or the situation
2) Diagnosis: The registered nurse analyzes the assessment data to determine issue
3) Outcome identification: The registered nurse identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the patient or situation.
4) Planning: The registered nurse develops a plan that prescribes strategies and alternatives to attain expected outcomes
5) Implementation: The registered nurse implements the identified plan, coordinates care delivery and employs strategies to promote health and healthy environment.
6) Evaluation: The registered nurse evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes.
7) The registered nurse manages nurse-patient/family relationships which may include advocacy, comfort, cultural competence and sensitivity, therapeutic communication, education, and health care transition management.
8) The registered nurse meets all practice/safety, HCAHPS and quality standards
- PPE and Safety
- Professional development and growth
- Member of a multi-disciplinary dedicated team
- First Shift – 7:00am-7:30pm
- Part-time 24
- Baystate Noble, Westfield MA
- MA RN License Required
- Diploma in Nursing required
- Associates Degree Nursing preferred
- Bachelor's Degree Nursing preferred
- Basic Life Support – American Heart Association required
- Recent Behavioral Health Experience preferred
- Baystate Health required competencies per department
For more information, please visit us online at: baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
All correspondence can be directed to:
Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Nursing Degree, Diploma in Nursing (Required)
Registered Nurse – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.