Inpatient Direct Care Nurses - Baystate Health
Category(s): Nursing, Inpatient Direct Care Nurses
Full Time / Part Time: Part-Time
We are looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) to join our Quality team at Baystate Franklin Medical Center in Greenfield, MA!
Resume Required with Application
- 24 hours a week
Baystate Franklin Medical Center is an 89-bed community hospital in Greenfield, MA. Rooted in a rich tradition of service and accountability to the people of Franklin County, North Quabbin, and surrounding communities, BFMC services include emergency, surgery, cancer, heart and vascular, obstetrics, and more.
- More than 200 physicians on active and courtesy staff
- More than 24,000 Emergency Department visits annually.
- More than 400 babies delivered each year in The Birthplace – a progressive, midwife-driven service.
- Training site for the Family Medicine residency, and for residents in emergency medicine, surgery, and obstetrics programs based at Baystate Medical Center
- Franklin Medical Center joined Baystate Health in 1986
Rooted in a rich tradition of 125 years of service and accountability, our highly skilled team is committed to advancing care with our state-of-the art facilities and technology. Baystate Franklin houses a $26 million surgical center and the talented surgical teams of the Baystate Health network. Our spacious pre-surgery, recovery, and family waiting areas offer privacy and comfort with natural light, healing gardens, and other amenities. Our multidisciplinary approach gives you access to specialists from across the Baystate Health system, offering comprehensive and collaborative medical treatments close to home.
For more information, please visit us online at: baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers
All correspondence can be directed to:
Cole Courtemanche, Healthcare Recruiter
Supports all quality management and performance improvement needs, including record review, data retrieval and entry, for programs throughout BFMC. Supports Joint Commission compliance activities for quality and performance improvement, and patient safety.
1) Supports hospital peer review processes including medical staff and nursing peer review, including the comprehensive review of care, trending of issues, timely completion of reviews and implementing identified performance improvement activities. Identify cases appropriate for peer review according to case finding criteria. Enter case into MIDAS data base. Review/investigate cases to determine appropriateness for peer review. Present cases details and provide rationale for need for peer review. Assure that review of case includes all areas of concern and provide specific details of case to facilitate the review. Develop agendas, track issues, assure that all required agenda items are addressed according to regulatory standards and internal objectives.
2) Utilizes PDSA cycle, lean methodologies, and other quality improvement tools as appropriate in performance improvement activities. Ensure that documentation of all PI activities is complete, accurate, easily retrievable and current as required by department policy, CMS and Joint Commission. Collaborate and support performance improvement committees to ensure appropriate documentation and issue resolution to maintain full Joint Commission and CMS compliance.
3)Attends and participates in Performance Improvement committees and teams as needed. Responsible for assigned performance improvement (PI)and quality clinical studies, including collecting and analyzing data and assisting in preparing data for reporting and presentation.
4) Functions as Performance Improvement Team Facilitator for select project teams. Serve as resource/liaison/educator to all hospital departments, service line teams, medical staff, hospital quality council, regarding performance improvement processes.
5) Identifies and reports systems and/or process issues identified during PI activities and refers to appropriate manager/director, department(s), and/or teams for resolution.
6)Educates staff to current PI initiatives to support practice change and adherence to best practices. Serve as resource to all hospital departments and staff regarding PI data collected.
7)Assist in coordination of ongoing compliance with Joint Commission requirements.
8) Contributes to day-to-day functioning of the quality management department. Assists with special projects as assigned.
9) Supports record review processes, information and data collection for BFMC peer review activities, reports and committees.
10) Assumes responsibility for own professional growth and development including attending appropriate educational programs and maintaining clinical knowledge relevant to performance improvements responsibilities.
Required Work Experience:
1) 5 years recent acute medical-surgical nursing experience required.
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None listed.
Skills and Competencies:
1) Ability to organize and prioritize workload in order to meet deadlines.
2) Demonstrated ability to facilitate performance improvement measures.
3) Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
4) Demonstrated ability to collaborate with all members of the healthcare team.
5) Strong written and oral communication skills.
6) Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
7) Excellent computer skills to include word processing and database software.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Science: Nursing, Bachelor of Science (Required)
Registered Nurse – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.