Inpatient Direct Care Nurses - Baystate Health
Category(s): Nursing, Inpatient Direct Care Nurses
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
** SIGN-ON BONUS, UP TO $12,000 **
Baystate Health—western Massachusetts’s premier healthcare provider and home to Baystate Medical Center (BMC), a Magnet Hospital for Nursing Excellence—is hiring a full-time Registered Nurse to join our Children and Adolescents Unit!
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT. Baystate health is accredited to provide continuing education programs for all of our nurses. Learning and mentoring is at the core of our professional practice model. Baystate sponsors nurses obtaining certification and supports nurse empowerment through attendance at national conferences, loan reimbursement and loan forgiveness.
- MAGNET RECOGNITION & SHARED GOVERNANCE. Baystate Medical Center has achieved Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), a distinction that places the hospital’s nursing staff among the finest in the nation. Shared decision making between the bedside nurses and nurse leaders, which includes areas such as resources, nursing research/evidence-based practice projects, new equipment purchases, and staffing is what makes us stand out from our competition.
- ABUNDANT BENEFITS, SALARY & SO MUCH MORE! Generous compensation package, CEU allowance, high-quality, low-cost medical/dental, robust paid time off. Ask your recruiter for sign on bonus eligibility.
- Full Time days
- 7 AM- 7 PM, every other weekend rotating holidays
- Baystate Medical Center, Springfield MA
Under the general supervision of the Nurse Manager/Assistant Nurse Manager, the registered nurse practices within the Professional Practice Model, the MA Nurse Practice Act, ANA Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics and demonstrates Baystate Health's core values. The registered nurse demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide expected standards of care based on physical, psychosocial, cultural, educational spiritual, safety and age-appropriate considerations of patients. The registered nurse assumes responsibility for the patient's plan of care and is held accountable for decisions specific to assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the plan of care. The registered nurse provides care directly to patients and in collaboration with other health care team members. The registered nurse maintains a current level of knowledge and skill with technical procedures as defined by the nursing specialty organization, complies with all regulations and standards of regulatory and accrediting bodies and is currently licensed in the state of Massachusetts as a registered nurse.
1) Demonstrates organizational skills that maintain safe delivery of the standard of care for assigned patients/families; manages own assignment by delegating effectively based on patient needs and skills of team members. Administers medications and treatments according to policy/procedure.
2) Conducts accurate age appropriate, clinical assessments; identifies and prioritizes patient/family strengths, needs and priorities; develops, implements and evaluates the patient's individualized plan of care. Documents all assessments according to policy.
3) Recognizes acute changes in patient status and intervenes appropriately.
4) Develops a comprehensive educational plan for the patient/family, utilizing appropriate resources and documents accordingly.
5) Adheres to practice guidelines specific to the care setting: a) utilizes standards, policies and procedures to support clinical decision making b) seeks guidance from appropriate resources c) demonstrates knowledge of performance improvement initiatives.
6) Demonstrates caring practices that create a compassionate, supportive, and therapeutic environment for patients and staff, with the aim of promoting comfort and healing and preventing unnecessary suffering.
7) Demonstrates respect for patient/family dignity and privacy in all patient/family interactions. Establishes and maintains mutual trust within the nurse-patient/family relationship, engages patient/family participation in care.
8) Addresses patient experience concerns promptly and objectively. Escalates to leadership as needed.
9) Recognizes ethical dilemmas within one's practice area and uses available resources to intervene effectively.
10) Develops a comprehensive discharge plan utilizing appropriate resources and referrals including community resources; communicates plan and collaborates with the patient/family regarding discharge plans.
11) Actively participates in interdisciplinary patient care rounds. Documents plan and communicates to patients.
12) Participates in unit/house wide performance improvement initiatives.
13) Successfully completes annual competencies and mandatory education requirements.
14) Participates in shared governance and unit decision making.
15) Demonstrates progress in meeting personal and professional goals.
16) Respects diverse views and approaches, and contributes o maintaining an environment of professionalism, tolerance, civilly and acceptance toward all employees, patients, and visitors.
Required Work Experience:
1) Must have 2 or more years of clinical experience as an RN
2) Any exception must be approved by the CNO
Skills and Competencies:
1) Baystate Health required competencies per department
For more information, please visit us online at: baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
All correspondence can be directed to:
Monique M. Jesus, Associate Recruiter
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Nursing Degree, Diploma in Nursing: Nursing (Required)
Basic Life Support – American Heart Association, Certified Registered Nurse – Other, Registered Nurse – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.