Inpatient Direct Care Nurses - Baystate Health
Category(s): Nursing, Inpatient Direct Care Nurses
Full Time / Part Time: Part-Time
- Unit: Heart and Vascular Critical Care Unit
- Part Time, 24 hours 7AM-7:30PM
- Baystate Medical Center, Springfield MA
The Heart and Vascular Critical Care Unit provides a full array of services for the critically ill cardiac patient to include care of the post or evolving MI, immediate and post cardiac surgery care, immediate cardiac interventional care, therapeutic hypothermia for post cardiac arrests, titratable vasoactive infusions, hemodynamic monitoring requiring the use of specialized critical care equipment, and mechanical ventilation support.
The majority of patients have a diagnosis of STEMI, cardiac arrest, CHF, and post cardiac surgery with CABG, valve replacement, and TAVR’s. The team is trained to support several advanced cardiovascular and critical care modalities including Intra-aortic Balloon Pumps (IABP), Impella CP, 5.0 and RP, LVAD implants with Heartmate 3, Extra-corporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO), and Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT).
30 Beds- shares space with the SICU
Nurse Driven Ecmo program- offer a bonus to get this certification.
- MAGNET RECOGNITION & SHARED GOVERNANCE. Baystate Medical Center has achieved Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), a distinction that places the hospital’s nursing staff among the finest in the nation. Shared decision making between the bedside nurses and nurse leaders, which includes areas such as resources, nursing research/evidence-based practice projects, new equipment purchases, and staffing is what makes us stand out from our competition.
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT. Baystate health is accredited to provide continuing education programs for all of our nurses. Learning and mentoring is at the core of our professional practice model. Baystate sponsors nurses obtaining certification and supports nurse empowerment through attendance at national conferences, loan reimbursement and loan forgiveness.
- ABUNDANT BENEFITS, SALARY & SO MUCH MORE! Ask your recruiter for sign on bonus eligibility. Generous compensation package, CEU allowance, high quality, low cost medical/dental, robust paid time off.
- Successfully passed Board of Registration in Nursing Examination and is licensed in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Current American Heart Association Health Care Provider CPR certification required.
- Education: ADN required; BSN preferred.
For more information, please visit us online at: baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
All correspondence can be directed to:
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Nursing Degree, Diploma in Nursing: Nursing (Required)
Basic Life Support – American Heart Association, Registered Nurse – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.