Inpatient Direct Care Nurses - Baystate Health
Category(s): Nursing, Inpatient Direct Care Nurses
Full Time / Part Time: Per Diem
Baystate Wing Hospital (BWH) a 74-bed community hospital located in Palmer, Massachusetts, also joined Baystate Health in 2015. Baystate Wing offers 24-hour emergency care as well as a broad range of inpatient and outpatient medical and surgical services, including comprehensive outpatient behavioral health and addiction recovery services. Baystate Mary Lane Outpatient Center, a satellite facility of Baystate Wing Hospital located eleven miles away in Ware, MA, offers 24-hour emergency services and a broad range of outpatient medical and surgical services, ancillary services, and cancer services through the Baystate Regional Cancer Program. Baystate Wing Hospital and Baystate Mary Lane Outpatient Center serve patients living in Hampden, Hampshire, and Worcester counties. The hospital’s five ambulatory care centers in Belchertown, Ludlow, Monson, Palmer and Wilbraham, offer extensive outpatient services to meet the needs of their communities. The Hospital also includes the Griswold Behavioral Health Center, which provides comprehensive behavioral health and addiction recovery service.
As the RN in the Emergency Departments at Baystate Wing Hospital, your essential functions include;
- Provides professional nursing care within the Emergency Room, coordinating care planning with all disciplines
- Provide direct and indirect patient care that meets the psychosocial and physical aspects
- Determines priorities of care based on physical and psychosocial needs of patients, as well as, factors influencing patient flow through the system
- Communicates with physicians regarding changes in patients status, symptomology and results of diagnostic studies
- Responds quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment
What you will need?
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Current Massachusetts RN License
- BLS Certification
- ACLS Certification or within one year of hire
- Minimum two-three years acute/critical care nursing experience
- Proficient computer skills and strong interpersonal skills
What you need to know:
- Unit: Emergency Department
- Per Diem
- Every other holiday and weekend commitment
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Nursing Degree, Diploma in Nursing: Nursing (Required)
Basic Life Support – American Heart Association, Registered Nurse – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.