Facilities - Baystate Health
Category(s): Trades/Engineering/Facilities, Facilities
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Under the direction of the Supervisor for the HVAC Shop, perform a variety of duties involving inspection, maintenance and installation of mechanical refrigeration and air conditioning equipment and components throughout Baystate Medical Center. You will work directly under the supervision of a qualified Licensed HVAC Tech to assemble, install, service and repair air conditioning, refrigeration and heating units. Promotes and participates in team-problem solving approach with coworkers and other Engineering staff. Assists coworkers in resolving technical, scheduling and customer satisfaction issues. Provides technical support to other departments in matters pertaining to HVAC systems and the review for new additions or modifications to building HVAC systems. Support the Organization’s Mission and Operating Principles.
1) Entry level techs will be asked to learn and master the Preventive Maintenance process.
2) Assisting in servicing products and equipment on assigned projects and ensuring customer satisfaction.
3) Using a variety of hand and power tools, following blueprints or engineering specifications, to mount, assemble, troubleshoot and repair units.
4) Identifying, analyzing and repairing equipment, instruments and products.
5) Replace filters and cleaning of condensor coils. Change unit and motor bearings and seals.
6) Performing preventive maintenance, site surveys, installations and modifications as needed or requested by HVAC Licensed Field Technicians.
7) Maintaining stock of inventory, company equipment and documents all service-related activities.
8) Determining parts to order for repairs and timeliness of need.
9) Delivering parts to job sites, as necessary.
Required Work Experience:
1) 0-1 years direct experience maintaining and troubleshooting HVAC systems
Preferred Work Experience:
1) EPA Certification – Univeral
Skills and Competencies:
1) Basic computer and math skills
2) Ability to read, write and speak English
3) Ability to work with minimum supervision
4) The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of employee engagement practices and diversity
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Chlorofluorocarbon Certification – Environmental Protection Agency, Driver License – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.