Customer Service - Baystate Health
Category(s): Administrative Support, Customer Service
Full Time / Part Time: Per Diem
Thank you for replying to this position. Please note the following.
Dept: Surgical family waiting room.
Per diem, flexibility required: Waiting Room open 5am-6pm,.
Please include a resume.
Performs a variety of clerical and receptionist duties. Is responsible for electronic data entry. This description covers the essential functions of the position. Incumbent is expected to perform other similar and related duties as assigned. Management has the right to change or add to the job responsibilities at any time.
1) Maintains accurate and timely communications within department. Answers telephone consistently in a courteous manner with proper identification 100% of the time. Relays all messages accurately and promptly. Responds to routine inquiries knowledgeably and/or refers them to appropriate person 90-95% of the time. Runs and completes errands within specified time frame as delegated. Ensures identified problems are communicated accurately and promptly. Initiates telephone calls as specified by the Registered Nurse and/or manager. Maintains courteous, supportive and professional attitude with family members and support personnel 100% of the time.
2) Enters patients into SMS. Enters into SMS accurately within 10 minutes.
3) Is knowledgeable of and initiates emergency procedures. Verbalizes knowledge and location of emergency equipment as observed by manager. Mobilizes emergency support personnel through immediate telephone contact as evidenced by observation and feedback.
4) Participates in Unit/Divisional committees and/or staff development activities. Attends all additional programs required as mandatory within their division as evidenced by attendance roster. Successfully completes PCIS/SMS training.
Required Work Experience:
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Compentencies:
1) Basic knowledge of arithmetic and English
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.