Radiology/Imaging - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Radiology/Imaging
Full Time / Part Time: Per Diem
We are an 85-bed acute care community hospital in Westfield, Massachusetts. We provide access to the world-class doctors, treatments, diagnostics, and technology of the Baystate Health network. Our team members, including skilled, compassionate nurses and medical support staff members, provide advanced and compassionate care.
As our patient, you can expect advanced care close to home from specialists throughout the Baystate Health system. Some of the many types of care we offer include:
- Behavioral health, including suicide screenings and assessments
- Breast care, including high-risk patients
- Cardiology care
- Cardiovascular rehabilitation
- Emergency care available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Imaging, including CT scans, MRI scans and X-rays
- Nephrology (kidney care)
- Laboratory services
- Mammography, including 3D mammography
- Obstetrics and gynecology (OBGYN)
- Pulmonary medicine, including pulmonary rehabilitation
- Inpatient rehabilitation care at Bronson Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit
- Women's health, including urogynecologic care and incontinence treatment
- And care for many other injuries, illnesses, and conditions
For more information, please visit us online at: baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers
All correspondence can be directed to:
Jim Pugliese, Healthcare Recruiter
Under the supervision of the radiologic technologist, this position is responsible for assisting the technologists, residents, and radiology attendings in exam rooms, and with guided interventional procedures. This position also calls patients from the waiting room into the changing area as well as prepares/explains the procedure to the patient according to departmental and hospital procedures. The technical assistant performs a variety of patient care and clerical duties while aiding patients, technologists, and radiologists. The technical assistant demonstrates excellent communication skills and effectively works with all staff
1) Managing the Patient Experience:
Greets patients promptly in warm, friendly manner demonstrating an appropriate amount of interest or concern. Smile, make eye contact, use welcoming language (hello, welcome, how can I help you today). Gather and/or verify patient demographics as needed.
Maintain a clean patient and working space. Direct patient and family members to restrooms and other amenities. Check to see if there is any other way you can assist. Employees at this level are developing their skills and understanding of needs of the patients and their families or caregivers.
2) Practices the BH operating principles of Trust, Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Communication.
3) Maintains patient confidentiality consistent with hospital policy.
4) Knowledge of lifting mechanics and proper moving techniques. Is responsible for assisting in the transfer of patients on and off stretchers, beds, wheelchairs, and other as needed.
5) Technical assistant will keep patients informed of wait times, assisting and accompanying patients where possible, and as appropriate.
6) Performs terminal cleaning, and surface cleaning in accordance with the hospitals infection control practices and policies.
7) Observes all health and safety requirements including body substance precautions.
8) Assist patients as needed to bathroom or with urinal or bedpan.
9) Participates in department and team projects as requested and communicates effectively with team and patients.
10) Is skilled in handling transport, lifting, sliding, oxygen tanks, and IV poles as needed.
11) Is skilled in the use of all necessary computer software such as, but not limited to, Teletracking, Safety and Injury Reporting (SRS), Cerner, Radnet, Synapse, etc.
12) Assists with supplies and inventory. Properly puts stock away, as well as fills and empties laundry bins as needed.
13) Maintains yearly In-service validations. Attends departmental staff meetings. Other duties as requested.
14) Technical assistant will be responsible for clerical duties to including computer use, scheduling, report and image retrieval, obtaining and delivering of "wet reads", communicating with patients and offices over the phone and in person.
15) Technical assistant will be responsible for assisting technologist, and radiology resident/attending while performing interventional biopsy exams.
16) Technical assistant will assist the technologist in preparing exam trays for biopsy procedures.
17) Technical assistant will be responsible for assisting the technologist, resident, and radiology attending with pre, peri, and post patient care, as appropriate.
18) Performs all duties of a Radiology Technical Assistant I and II as necessary.
Required Work Experience:
1) None listed.
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Medical Terminology and previous patient care.
Skills and Competencies:
1) Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
2) Excellent computer skills.
3) Knowledge of mechanics of lifting mechanics.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Certified Nurse Aide – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.