Radiology/Imaging - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Radiology/Imaging
Full Time / Part Time: Part-Time
Under the supervision of the radiologic technologist, this position is responsible for assisting the technologists, residents, and radiology attendings in exam rooms, and with guided interventional procedures. This position also calls patients from the waiting room into the changing area as well as prepares/explains the procedure to the patient according to departmental and hospital procedure. The technical assistant performs a variety of patient care and clerical duties, while aiding patients, technologists, and radiologists. The technical assistant demonstrates excellent communication skills and effectively works with all staff.
1) Managing the Patient Experience:
Greets patients promptly in warm, friendly manner demonstrating appropriate amount of interest or concern. Smile, make eye contact, use welcoming language (hello, welcome, how can I help you today). Gather and/or verify patient demographics as needed.
Maintain a clean patient and working space. Direct patient and family members to restrooms and other amenities. Check to see if there is any other way you can assist. Employees at this level are developing their skills and understanding of needs of the patients and their families or caregivers.
2) Practices the BH operating principles of Trust, Respect, Integrity, Collaboration and Communication.
3) Maintains patient confidentiality consistent with hospital policy.
4) Knowledge of lifting mechanics and proper moving techniques. Is responsible for assisting in the transfer of patients on and off stretchers, beds, wheelchairs, and other as needed.
5) Technical assistant will keep patients informed of wait times, assisting and accompanying patients where possible, and as appropriate.
6) Performs terminal cleaning, and surface cleaning in accordance with the hospitals infection control practices and policies.
7) Observes all health and safety requirements including body substance precautions.
8) Assist patients as needed to bathroom or with urinal or bedpan.
9) Participates in department and team projects as requested and communicates effectively with team and patients.
10) Is skilled in handling transport, lifting, sliding, oxygen tanks, and IV poles as needed.
11) Is skilled in the use of all necessary computer software such as, but not limited to, Teletracking, Safety and Injury Reporting (SRS), Cerner, Radnet, Synapse, etc.
12) Assists with supplies and inventory. Properly puts stock away, as well as fills and empties laundry bins as needed.
13) Maintains yearly In service validations. Attends departmental staff meetings.
Required Work Experience:
1) None listed.
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Medical Terminology and previous patient care.
Skills and Competencies:
1) Excellent verbal communications and computer skills.
2) Exceptional customer service skills.
3) Knowledge of lifting mechanics.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
(DNU) Heart Saver CPR – Other, Certified Medical Assistant – Other, Certified Nurse Aide – Other, Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) – Basic – National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.