Radiology/Imaging - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Radiology/Imaging
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
We are looking for a Radiology Tech Assistant to join our Imaging Services team!
Resume required with application
- Full-Time, 40 hours, First Shift
- Rotating Weekends
- Greenfield, MA
Baystate Franklin Medical Center is an 89-bed community hospital in Greenfield, MA. Rooted in a rich tradition of service and accountability to the people of Franklin County, North Quabbin, and surrounding communities, BFMC services include emergency, surgery, cancer, heart and vascular, obstetrics, and more.
- More than 200 physicians on active and courtesy staff
- More than 24,000 Emergency Department visits annually
- More than 400 babies delivered each year in The Birthplace – a progressive, midwife-driven service
- Training site for the Family Medicine residency, and for residents in emergency medicine, surgery, and obstetrics programs based at Baystate Medical Center
- Franklin Medical Center joined Baystate Health in 1986
Rooted in a rich tradition of 125 years of service and accountability, our highly skilled team is committed to advancing care with our state-of-the art facilities and technology. Baystate Franklin houses a $26 million surgical center and the talented surgical teams of the Baystate Health network. Our spacious pre-surgery, recovery, and family waiting areas offer privacy and comfort with natural light, healing gardens, and other amenities. Our multidisciplinary approach gives you access to specialists from across the Baystate Health system, offering comprehensive and collaborative medical treatments close to home.
For more information, please visit us online at: baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers
All correspondence can be directed to:
Cole Courtemanche, Healthcare Recruiter
Under the supervision of the radiologic technologist, this position is responsible for assisting the technologists, residents, and radiology attendings in exam rooms, and with guided interventional procedures. This position also calls patients from the waiting room into the changing area as well as prepares/explains the procedure to the patient according to departmental and hospital procedure. The technical assistant performs a variety of patient care and clerical duties, while aiding patients, technologists, and radiologists. The technical assistant demonstrates excellent communication skills and effectively works with all staff
1) Managing the Patient Experience:
Greets patients promptly in warm, friendly manner demonstrating appropriate amount of interest or concern. Smile, make eye contact, use welcoming language (hello, welcome, how can I help you today). Gather and/or verify patient demographics as needed.
Maintain a clean patient and working space. Direct patient and family members to restrooms and other amenities. Check to see if there is any other way you can assist. Employees at this level are developing their skills and understanding of needs of the patients and their families or caregivers.
2) Practices the BH operating principles of Trust, Respect, Integrity, Collaboration and Communication.
3) Maintains patient confidentiality consistent with hospital policy.
4) Knowledge of lifting mechanics and proper moving techniques. Is responsible for assisting in the transfer of patients on and off stretchers, beds, wheelchairs, and other as needed.
5) Technical assistant will keep patients informed of wait times, assisting and accompanying patients where possible, and as appropriate.
6) Performs terminal cleaning, and surface cleaning in accordance with the hospitals infection control practices and policies.
7) Observes all health and safety requirements including body substance precautions.
8) Assist patients as needed to bathroom or with urinal or bedpan.
9) Participates in department and team projects as requested and communicates effectively with team and patients.
10) Is skilled in handling transport, lifting, sliding, oxygen tanks, and IV poles as needed.
11) Is skilled in the use of all necessary computer software such as, but not limited to, Teletracking, Safety and Injury Reporting (SRS), Cerner, Radnet, Synapse, etc.
12) Assists with supplies and inventory. Properly puts stock away, as well as fills and empties laundry bins as needed.
13) Maintains yearly In-service validations. Attends departmental staff meetings. Other duties as requested.
14) Technical assistant will be responsible for clerical duties to including computer use, scheduling, report and image retrieval, obtaining and delivering of "wet reads", communicating with patients and offices over the phone and in person.
15) Technical assistant will be responsible for assisting technologist, and radiology resident/attending while performing interventional biopsy exams.
16) Technical assistant will assist the technologist in preparing exam trays for biopsy procedures.
17) Technical assistant will be responsible for assisting the technologist, resident, and radiology attending with pre, peri, and post patient care, as appropriate.
18) Performs all duties of a Radiology Technical Assistant I and II as necessary.
Required Work Experience:
1) None listed.
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Medical Terminology and previous patient care.
Skills and Competencies:
1) Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
2) Excellent computer skills.
3) Knowledge of mechanics of lifting mechanics.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Certified Nurse Aide – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.