Radiology/Imaging - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Radiology/Imaging
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Under the direction of the Radiology-IT Supervisor, and according to established policy and procedures, the incumbent provides technical support to internal and external customers by efficiently performing a wide variety of tasks utilizing Picture Archiving Communication System (PACS), Radiology Information System (RIS), Electronic Medical Record (EMR), and other related applications. This position is an active member of the Radiology PACS Support Team and will participate in the on-call schedule. The incumbent is the first level responder to all PACS related issues. The incumbent tracks and troubleshoots reported problems and implements solutions if available. The incumbent escalates unresolved issues to second level responder(s). The incumbent works in conjunction with PACS Support team members, Clinical Engineering (CE), Information Services (IS) and Radiology leadership to ensure maintenance and integrity of PACS, RIS and related systems and applications The incumbent coordinates daily EIT workload. Updates Radiology-IT Supervisor of status as needed. Consults with vendors or technical support when necessary, or as directed by System Administrator.
1) Assists System Administrator, and other members of the PACS Team with supporting the daily operations of PACS and related systems and applications. Assists with conducting training on PACS supported applications using appropriate training techniques. Assists with the evaluation of new equipment and products, and provides input for writing new PACS policy and procedures
2) Assists radiologists, and other physicians and staff in the execution of their duties by acting as a resource person for timely, effective use of services and technology. Provides first level support for PACS issues and other related applications
3) Completes and analysis necessary documentation and record keeping of received calls and reported issues. Maintains data integrity of the PACS systems
4) Performs daily quality assurance (QA) of the PACS and the RIS system by ensuring all studies are accounted for. Assists medical staff with conferencing by providing the necessary Radiology patient information on the appropriate application(s) and computer(s)
5) Troubleshoots clinical and technical issues related to PACS, RIS/HIS which prevent the flow of information and maximum productivity. Completes duplication of images utilizing PACS, film digitizer, CD acquisition, laser printer, film processor and other related technology.
6) Maintains the service of CD acquisition devices and film digitizers. Promptly reports equipment, system and application malfunctions to appropriate party. Regularly checks PACS workstations to ensure adequate performance.
7) Creates and/or modifies patients’ electronic folders and images, Merges and/or separates images in PACS, Transfers patients’ images from one PACS destination to another, Works proactively with Medical Records on merging duplicate patient medical records, Imports foreign Radiology images into PACS and ensures appropriate access to these images through the EMR
8) Assists radiologists with the use of PACS viewer, recognition system, advanced 3D application and any other application used by the Radiologists, Assists and trains technologists with the use of the PACS, RIS system and any other application used by Technologists, Assists physicians throughout the Health System on how to access Radiology results via the EMR, Trains and provide continuous support for Film Library staff with PACS, RIS/HIS and any other related application or devices
9) Leads with applying appropriate procedures during system downtime period, Leads with the cleanup process after system downtime periods
Required Work Experience:
Preferred Work Experience:
1) 5 years healthcare/radiology experience preferred
Skills and Competencies:
1) General knowledge of Picture Archiving Communication System (PACS)
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.