Radiation Therapy - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Radiation Therapy
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Baystate Medical Center has openings for full time Radiation Therapists to join their growing, modern ACRO Accredited Radiation Oncology department in Springfield, Massachusetts.
The candidates will join a dedicated team of 3 physicists, 5 radiation oncologists, 4 dosimetrists and 15 therapists to provide the best and safest delivery of all offered radiation modalities in a single center with approximately 100 patients on 4 linear accelerators and a dedicated HDR suite.
The radiation therapist will be the primary liaison between patients and a multidisciplinary team of professionals at a state of the art all Elekta center.
- Two Elekta Infinity with Align RT
- Two VersaHD
- Two Siemens CT scanners
- Nucletron afterloader
- Adaptiiv 3D printing with FormLab printers
- Modalities include SRS, SBRT (Lung, spine, metastases, pancreas, liver etc.), IGRT, VMAT, IMRT, 3D, electrons
- HDR (Gyn and custom designed 3D printed skin applicators)
In addition, the radiation therapist will administer clinical treatments under the direct supervision of the radiation oncologist and will remain sensitive to the needs of the patient through communication, patient assessment, patient monitoring and patient care skills.
The radiation therapist will collaborate in weekly quality assurance activities and participate in quality improvement to support clinical initiatives.
Benefits of working at Baystate Medical Center:
- Work in a dedicated clinical cancer program with all radiation treatment delivered (4 linacs and HDR) at the main cancer center location servicing 4 regional hospitals that transport all radiation patients to the center for treatment.
- Colleagues are academically engaged with appointments at the University of Massachusetts- Baystate and affiliated with multiple national bodies including ABR, ACR, ACRO, ASTRO, NCI, ILROG, COG, GOG, AAPM, ARRT, MDCB
- Largest and most comprehensive cancer program in the region
- The only HDR program in Western Massachusetts
- Low cost of living with excellent local and regional social, academic and entertainment resources.
- Surrounded by bucolic New England towns and countryside.
- Strong supportive team of colleagues who will become friends.
Come join us as we continue to be the health system of choice for patients, physicians, and employees in our region.
Minimum Education: Associates of Science in Radiation Therapy
Minimum Experience: New graduate’s welcome
Preferred Experience: 1 to 3 or more years in Radiation Therapy
Required Certification: ARRT and Massachusetts license in Radiation Therapy
About Baystate Health
We are a 716-bed independent academic medical center. We are the community's major referral hospital, and we provide a wide range of services, including:
- Cancer care
- Critical care medicine
- Digestive disorder care
- Heart and vascular disease care
- Laboratory services
- Neurological disorders
- Obstetrics and gynecology care
- And care for many other injuries, illnesses, and conditions
- Ranked among highest performing hospitals nationally by U.S. News & World Report
- Among only 1% of hospitals to be recognized by Magnet® 4 consecutive times
- Named a top 50 cardiovascular hospital by Watson Health
- In addition to our outstanding care for adults, we also treat children with acute and chronic illnesses at Baystate Children's Hospital, which is located on our main Springfield campus.
Baystate is in Springfield, Massachusetts approximately 90 minutes West of Boston and only 3 hours Northeast of New York City. You could work in a beautiful New England location in the Knowledge Corridor with easy access to Boston and New York, mountains and coastline. Live in the region where people travel for vacation at our home in the Pioneer Valley near the Mohawk Trail and the Berkshire Mountain range with epic sweeping views of the forests and hills.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associates of Science: Radiological Science (Required), Certificate: Radiological Science
Radiography – American Registry of Radiologic Technologist
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.