Facilities - Baystate Health
Category(s): Trades/Engineering/Facilities, Facilities
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
The position provides creative, pro-active, problem solving skills to manage program, design and construction, development activities at multiple hospital campus's and off-site locations. Directs, facilitates, and oversees the planning, design and construction of capital facilities projects to ensure that the project is designed and constructed in accordance with the project scope, budget, and schedule. Performs lead project management role on complex projects. Managing the initial planning phase through the final close out and turnover.
1) Through an understanding of clinical needs, technology, adjacencies and work flow guide multiple user groups, facilities and design teams to create optimal space program.
2) Develop initial scope, schedule and budget for capital planning and funding exercises.
Manage the RFI process, contracting and procurement process to assemble Architect, Engineer, Construction Manager and Commissioning Professionals as required.
3) Lead the team from Programming through 100% Construction Document development ensuring facilities and commissioning team is directly engaged in CD development.
4) Actively manage construction activities including sub-contractor selection, RFIs, Submittals, Change Orders, contract adherence, maintaining budget and schedule. Coordinate with Infection Control, Environmental Health and Safety, Clinical Engineering and Security to ensure all work is done safely and in compliance with all hospital policies and procedures. On-Site coordination of work in conjunction with contractor, design team and client staff. Daily client end user interaction and communication. Perform daily on-site inspection of the work area for safety and compliance.
5) Upon completion of projects ensure all systems are operating as designed, facilities personnel are trained to operate equipment, equipment is assigned asset tags within the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) and preventive maintenance work orders are scheduled for all equipment and systems prior to hand off.
Required Work Experience:
1) Experience with project management, in Healthcare or similar fields (3-5 years)
2) FGI Guidelines familiarity
3) Management of projects in a 24/7 operation
4) Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills, extreme attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple tasks
Preferred Work Experience:
1) BIM, Revit, builder and Primavera experience
2) Occupied space renovations including critical utilities shutdown
3) Coordination of building systems commissioning and validation
4) Medical equipment coordination, installation and relocation
5) Knowledge of the 7 flows of medicine, PPE requirements, general knowledge of acceptable conditions
Skills and Competencies:
1) Strong interpersonal communication skills including the ability to facilitate efficient productive meetings and the ability to resolve conflicts in a professional manner and a demonstrated history of satisfied clients
2) Strong organizational and project management skills
3) Self motivated individual able to manage multiple priorities, objectives, and deadlines
4) Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office, Database Management,
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Science: Engineering (Required)
Driver License – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.