Medical Practice Other - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Medical Practice Other
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’s premier healthcare provider, and home to Baystate Medical Practices and Baystate Childrens Hospital is looking for a Program Director for Pediatrics Services.
The Program Director is responsible for the overall strategic planning, program development, fiscal profitability, accountability, performance improvement, quality, patient experience, employee and provider engagement, and coordination of care and operations for Baystate Pediatric Service Line.
- Serve as the financial, operational, administrative, and strategic partner to the Chair of Pediatrics.
- Collaborate with individual division chiefs on business and strategic objectives.
- Participate as a member of the leadership team for the children’s hospital; collaborate with the inpatient director of the children’s hospital; attend weekly management team meetings and monthly faculty and division chiefs’ meetings.
- Identify and pursue strategic growth opportunities.
- Directly supervise two community health center administrators
- Support the chair in developing and maintaining regional relationships with other institutions such as Boston Children’s Hospital, UMass, Connecticut Children’s, etc. through contracting, fee negotiations and problem solving.
- Partner with principal investigators, the IRB, and the research office in the administration of industry, federal and state grants, and awards.
- Develop, track, and manage annual operating and capital budgets.
- Bachelor’s Degree, master’s preferred
- 7 years of healthcare leadership experience in a complex organization with demonstrated skill in strategic planning, organizational leadership, financial management including revenue cycle, operational change, project management and practice management is required. Demonstrated experience with information management systems, clinical and business process redesign and use of information technology required. Lean (QI) experience a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and foster relationships with staff, organizational leaders, and medical staff across Baystate Health.
- Possesses the ability to work well with all levels of the organization from executive management to operations staff and is recognized as both a leader and team player.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in leading a large group to successful outcomes.
- Possesses excellent presentation, written and verbal skills.
- Action oriented with demonstrated ability to breakdown complex issues into action steps, clearly articulate a plan and execute effectively.
- A self-starter who takes initiative and has a focus and a sense of urgency around achieving results and builds consensus without creating prolonged processes.
- Organizational Stewardship, Decision Making, Emotional Maturity, Strategic Thinking, Relationship Development, Talent Management, Engagement, Business Acumen, Continuous Development and Achieving Results.
Size and Scope
- Practice Specialties– 11 outpatient practices; 3 inpatient services at BMC; 1 inpatient service at Franklin Medical Center
- Providers- 75 MDs, APPs, and psychologists in both academic and clinical roles
- Employee FTEs: approximately 110
- Volume – office visits in FY23: 46,473
- Medical Office locations: primary care/resident teaching clinic – Springfield; Baystate Children’s Specialty Center – Springfield; Hematology/Oncology clinic – Baystate Medical Center; specialty outreach site at Berkshire Medical Center; select specialty clinics at Baystate Health & Wellness Center in Northampton
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Science (Required), Master of Science
RN Nurse Practitioner – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.