Clinical Researchers - Baystate Health
Category(s): Research, Clinical Researchers
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Duties assigned to this title will require an in-depth knowledge of a specialized field, process, or discipline and may involve organizing and implementing complex research plans, the development of methods of research, testing and data collection, analysis and evaluation, and writing reports containing descriptive, analytical and evaluative content. The duties will require the exercise of independent discretion and judgment in carrying out research activities within the predetermined research scope and methodology
1. This classification is a temporary advanced scholarly appointment and is available for a one-year appointment with the possibility of extension. This position is dependent on external grants for funding, renewal is based on the availability of funds, the needs of the hospital system and satisfactory productivity.
2. The incumbent will be employed to carry out advanced independent and/or directed research to achieve the objectives of the research project.
3. At the time of employment, the responsible principal investigator will establish the professional objectives and performance standards for the incumbent and will make annual evaluations.
4. To be classified at this level, the incumbent must not have been professionally employed in their specialty, subsequent to the receipt of the doctoral or other appropriate terminal degrees. (e.g., Sc.D., M.D., MFA). Prior experience as a Teaching or Graduate Assistant is expressly permitted.
5. The appointment is expected to be full time
6. The role is supported by funding that does not prohibit the postdoc from having an employee designation.
The Postdoctoral Associate will assist the Principal Investigator. The incumbent will conduct research and ensure that all experiments are appropriately conducted following the policies and procedures of Baystate Health (IRB, IACUC and the Human Subject Research Committees) in addition to the requirements of the sponsor.`
1) Within the predetermined research scope and methodology, conduct research experiments in the field of assignment.
2) Collect and analyze data, including periodical/literature search and utilizing specialized skills in a related field to analyze the collected data.
3) Participate/assist in manuscript writing for publication in scientific journals and/or presentations. May also assist in grant writing.
4) Lab maintenance, including equipment maintenance, and ordering of supplies as needed.
5) Other duties as assigned, which may include attending Scientific Conferences and Meetings.
Minimally Required Education
Doctoral Degree in an appropriate field or discipline or other terminal degrees (e.g., Sc.D., M.D., MFA)
Minimally Required Experience
Have not been previously employed in their specialty subsequent to the receipt of the Doctorate.
Extensive use of statistical, analysis or modeling software and a solid record of peer reviewed publications
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.