Physician and AP Recruitment - Baystate Health
Category(s): Human Resources, Physician and AP Recruitment
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Utilizes comprehensive market knowledge to work strategically with collaboratively with BMP clinical leadership, inclusive of Medical Directors, Department Chairs, Division Chiefs, Directors, Program and Practice Managers, and Human Resources staff to create and execute a comprehensive Physician and/or Advanced Practitioner Recruitment plan that is consistent with the immediate and long-term recruitments needs of Baystate Health. Strong focus is required to the independent needs of the service lines as it relates to research, academics, practice needs, and community needs. Responsible for recruiting physicians and/or advanced practitioners throughout Baystate Health, with a focus on sourcing the best providers who share our focus on patient centered care, quality, safety, value, and diversity.
Participate in strategy sessions with clinical departments, provides sound data on practice trends in the workforce and within the specialty, gives strategic advice to clinical and administrative leaders within in the division to create alternate staffing models, compensation review, or technologic or surgical equipment needs.
Senior Recruiter is the primary contact for candidates from the start of the hiring process through to orientation.
1) STRATEGIC DEVELOPMENT OF COMPREHENSIVE PROVIDER RECRUITMENT PLAN: Works closely with clinical and administrative leadership of clinical departments to develop a comprehensive overview of need, including search initiation meeting and development of key competencies needed within the department. Works with manager or director to ensure appropriate HR documentation is made and position has been approved by the President or COO of BMP including the provider request form and corresponding performance are completed before initiating search.
2) SOURCING: Develops and implements sourcing strategies in collaboration with the clinical hiring lead to create a comprehensive sourcing / marketing plan, including direct mail, print advertising, web postings, search firm use, and networking. Creates language for ad copy/posting and strategizes on advertising efforts with recruitment team. Participates at assigned job fairs, recruitment events and other public forums contributing to a high level of visibility for a positive perception of the organization. Manages relationships with internal and external clients to maximize recruitment success. Collaborates with team members when difficulties in sourcing candidates arise which may require the possibility of intervention by the Director.
3) SCREENING: Analyzes the information provided on a candidate's Curriculum Vitae. Reviews candidate qualifications to determine if candidate meets the minimum job requirements. Conducts comprehensive pre-screening telephone interviews. Creates a formal presentation for consideration to the department clinical lead including, CV, Phone screen detailed notes, overall general impression of recruiter as it relates to strategy and need of department, and recommendation for next steps.
4) INTERVIEW: Manages on-site interview. Coordinates travel, lodging, and community tours for candidates. Works with staff assistants to create interview itinerary and shares itinerary with candidate in advance of site visit. Identifies and targets specific interests, such as tours of the facilities and communities, and makes efforts to engage the participation of non-traditional parties such as medical staff's spouses/partners and community representatives such as bankers, realtors, and local cultural and/or religious groups, as needed by the candidate.
Participates in interviewing candidates during site visits. Performs 1:1 interview, discusses benefits, relocation assistance, and compensation structure with candidates. Follows up with candidates and their family after interviews to gain an understanding of how they perceived the interview, and any obstacles which might need to be overcome to achieve a successful placement. Advises clinical leadership on candidate.
5) COLLABORATION DURING ACTIVE SEARCH Collaborates with the department leadership to review interviewers feedback and plan for next steps. Analyzes any obstacles and works through them with department leadership. Serves as a consultant to clinical leadership throughout the entire process assisting in overcoming internal and external obstacles. Serves as the information center for the active search and manages communication plan for search including regular written overviews of all aspects and candidates involved in the search. Ensures that return calls happen in a timely manner from our office and from the department.
6) SELECTION: Consistently moves candidates to the next step in the recruitment process. Follows up with clinical leadership to discuss status of candidates interviewed. Ensures interview participants complete evaluation forms on all candidates interviewed for positions and that clinical leadership receives completed forms. Collaborates with clinical leadership to deselect candidates and notifies candidates in a respectful manner. Ensures that reference checks are completed by clinical leaders on candidates being pursued. Collaborates with clinical leaders and the Director on decisions to extend verbal and written job offers to candidates. Consults with assigned compensation consultant as appropriate. Works with Clinical Hiring Lead or Director to extend offers to candidates. Advises on and/or conducts negotiations with regard to offer letters and employment contracts.
7) PEER TEAM COLLABORATION Works with the Medical Staff Office and the Provider Enrollment Department to ensure there are no delays in the credentialing or enrollment process. Ensures that visa issues are addressed thoroughly to ensure that a successful placement can be made.
8) DESELECTION & NOTIFICATION PROCESS: Collaborates with clinical leadership to deselect candidates and notifies candidates in a respectful manner. When offered candidates reject job offer, assesses reasons for rejection and collaborates with other members of team and clinical leadership to address issues. Brings any significant issues/concerns to attention of Director. Notifies candidates that are not selected of the hiring decision within 24 hours of offer being accepted by candidate. Notifies all other applicants not interviewed in writing. Makes every effort to ensure that candidates are treated with dignity and respect and remain positive about the employment process at Baystate.
9) PROCESS ALL APPROPRIATE ADMINISTRATIVE WORK: Works with the Recruitment Coordinator to complete all administrative work for the new search/ hire, as well as tracking and reporting initiatives. It is the responsibility of the Recruiter to ensure that all paperwork is completed and submitted on time.
10) PROJECTS: Performs projects as assigned by the Director. Autonomously manages assigned projects, and manages aspects of more complex projects with oversight from Director.
11) PROCESS IMPROVEMENT: Identifies improvement opportunities and works with internal or external teams for process improvement. Manages assigned projects, and participates in aspects of more complex projects with oversight from Lead Sr. Recruiter or Director.
12) Participate in strategy sessions with clinical departments, provide sound data on practice trends in the workforce and within the specialty to give strategic advice to clinical and administrative leaders within in the division to create alternate staffing models, compensation review, or technologic or surgical equipment needs.
13) Participation in workforce planning for Physicians and APC's including developing relationships with both local and national training programs.
14) Continually communicating and consulting clinical and administrative leadership of assigned service lines.
Required Work Experience:
1) Requires 5-8 years of physician recruiting or a related field
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Compentencies:
1) Demonstrates knowledge of HR and personnel practices applicable to physician recruitment
Minimally Required Education:
Bachelors of Science degree
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Arts (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.