Rehabilitation - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Rehabilitation
Full Time / Part Time: Per Diem
Physical Therapy Assistant – Outpatient
Baystate Health, a nationally recognized leader in healthcare quality and safety, and home to Baystate Rehabilitation, a comprehensive rehab program providing services throughout western Massachusetts is looking for a per diem PTA to join our team in Springfield, MA.
Come join this supportive and skilled team and grow your skills further.
New grad applicants accepted.
Resume required with application
- Out-patient (Monday – Friday); clinic is open Monday – Friday
- Per diem hours
- 360 Birnie Avenue, Springfield, MA
THE ADVANTAGES OF WORKING WITH BAYSTATE PER DIEM
- Excellent Compensation
- Earned Time off
- Continuing education support
- 403b retirement company match & annual company contribution increase based on years of service
- 529 College Savings Plan
- Free money coach advice from a certified professional
- Pet, home, auto and personal insurance
- Wellbeing programs that include. but are not limited to mental, physical, and financial health
- Associate’s Degree in Physical Therapy Assistant
- Massachusetts Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) Licensure
- American Heart Association BLS CPR
We strive to be the place where we can help you build the career you deserve – apply today – YOU belong at Baystate!
OUR COMPENSATION PHILOSOPHY
We offer competitive total compensation that includes pay, benefits, and other recognition programs for our employees. The base pay range shown above considers the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including knowledge/skills; relevant experience and training; education/certifications/licensure; and other business and organizational factors. This base pay range does not include our comprehensive benefits package and any incentive payments that may be applicable to this role.
For more information, please visit us online at: baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers. All correspondence can be directed to recruiter:
Under the direction of a licensed physical therapist, performs a variety of physical therapy activities to assist in the treatment of patients. Executes plans of care established by a physical therapist and communicates changes in patient status in a timely manner. Participates in program planning and supervision of student interns. Adheres to standards of practice and follows policy and procedures to ensure safe and effective patient treatments and functional outcomes. Incumbent is expected to perform other similar duties as assigned. Management has the right to change or add to the job responsibilities at any time.
1) Provides treatment and follows up clients on an inpatient, outpatient basis. Provides age-appropriate care to patients as assigned. Demonstrated knowledge of developmental stages for the following age groups (infant/child, adolescence, adult and older, geriatrics) .
2) Applies treatment plan to patients within established procedures and time frames, as determined by each discipline.
3) Completes necessary documentation to comply with professional standards department procedures for initial consult, progress notes, clinical conference notes, and dictate reports
4) Provides information to patients, families, caregivers, and other health care personnel involved with patient management
5) Provides information to patients, families, caregivers, and other health care personnel involved with patient management.
6) Completes department operational procedures, including scheduling, billing, equipment usage, time-off requests and caseload coverage assignments.
7) Demonstrates relevant knowledge and application of clinical skills in treatment of patients.
8) Meets productivity expectations as determined by the department standards.
9) Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations. Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols
10) Conveys information obtained from continuing education programs to staff by developing and conducting in-service training programs as well as participating in community programs and presenting/leading research article reviews.
11) Assists with on-the-job orientation and training for student interns
12) Professional involvement will include acting as a preceptor/instructor, becoming a committee member of a rehab or related professional internal or external organization.
13) Use clinical experience to contribute to protocols, algorithm and standards of practice.
14) Build physician relationships by participating in physician office luncheons, initiate calls to new or existing physicians.
15) Involved in program development by assisting in maintain departmental reports that monitor initiatives or action plans.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associates of Science: Physical Therapy (Required)
Basic Life Support – American Heart Association, Physical Therapy Assistant – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.