Rehabilitation - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Rehabilitation
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’ premier healthcare provider, and home to Baystate Medical Center, the region’s only level 1 trauma center and pediatric trauma center is seeking a Physical Therapy Assistant to join our team!
- Join a multidisciplinary team to provide specialized care to our patients. We use a problem-oriented approach tailored to the needs of the individual. Our team consists of physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, audiology, assistants, physicians, and nurse practitioners.
- BAYSTATE PHYSICAL THERAPY ASSISTANTS PERFORM AN IMPORTANT ROLE assisting patients in reaching maximum physical performance while adjusting to disabilities or recovering from injuries. Under the direction of a licensed physical therapist, performs a variety of physical therapy activities to assist in the treatment of patients. Executes plans of care established by a physical therapist and communicates changes in patient status in a timely manner. Participates in program planning and supervision of student interns. Adheres to standards of practice and follows policy and procedures to ensure safe and effective patient treatments and functional outcomes. Incumbent is expected to perform other similar duties as assigned. Management has the right to change or add to the job responsibilities at any time.
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND GROWTH. Our career ladder provides opportunity to advance your profession and livelihood. Continuing education incentives and tuition reimbursements are available and encouraged to use.
- ABUNDANT BENEFITS, SALARY & SO MUCH MORE! Generous compensation package, CEU allowance, high quality, low cost medical/dental, robust paid time off.
- Out-patient (Monday – Friday); per diem
- In-patient; full-time 40-hours and per diem
- Graduate from an accredited physical therapy assistant program
- Valid and active Massachusetts Physical Therapy Assistant license
- 1-4 years of experience as a PTA
- CPR certification from the American Heart Association BLS Provider
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associate of Arts: Physical Therapy (Required)
Basic Life Support – American Heart Association, Physical Therapy Assistant – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.