Rehabilitation - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Rehabilitation
Full Time / Part Time: Per Diem
Under the direction of Registered Physical Therapist, performs a variety of Physical therapy activities to assist in the treatment of patients. This description covers the essential functions of the position. Incumbent is expected to perform other similar and related duties as assigned. Management has the right to change or add to the job responsibilities at any time.
1) Makes clinical decisions with the supervision of the physical therapist, based on the ability to combine theoretical knowledge and clinical experience for specific identified non complex patients.
2) Takes a proactive role in coordinating multidisciplinary/interdisciplinary discharge planning for specific patient population.
3) Questions appropriateness of standards of care, policy & procedure and protocols.
4) Utilizes and adapts diverse therapeutic techniques and relates to patient/family response and preferences.
5) Inquires about cultural differences and considers their impact on care and incorporates culturally sensitive interventions using consultation and resources.
6) Develops and implements individualized patient teaching plans using appropriate patient education resources.
7) Complies with departmental performance improvement, patient satisfaction and performance targets.
Required Work Experience:
1) 0-2 years experience as PTA
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Entry Level PTA skills
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associate of Arts: Physical Therapy (Required)
Physical Therapy Assistant – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.