Rehabilitation - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Rehabilitation
Full Time / Part Time: Per Diem
Assists patients in reaching maximum physical performance while adjusting to disabilities or recovering from injuries. Treats patients using standard physical therapy procedures. Determines patients capabilities needs interests and goals and prepares individually tailored programs consistent with the physician’s diagnosis. At this level incumbent is expected to function independently. This description covers the essential functions of the position. Incumbent is expected to perform other similar and related duties as assigned.
1) Evaluates all assigned patients, develops plan of treatment, provides assessment and assists in discharge planning as appropriate for each discipline. Evaluates all assigned patients utilizing established department evaluation procedures within 24 hours. Assesses patient needs and discharge plans thru evaluation process. Plans appropriate goals and treatment utilizing results of evaluation and assessment and patient/family goals. Assists patient/family in the acquisition of physician prescribed and other recommended equipment according to established department guidelines. Participates in discharge planning with patient/family and rehab team using professional judgment.
2) Applies treatment plan to patients within established procedures and time frames, as determined by each discipline. Applies treatment consistently with plan. Modifies treatment plan according to patients’ abilities. As appropriate, trains patients and family on carryover procedures and use of equipment. Provides safe environment for patient and therapist using universal precautions. Demonstrates empathy in treating patients.
3) Completes necessary documentation to comply with professional standards department procedures for initial consult, progress notes, clinical conference notes, and dictate reports. Completes documentation of initial consultation of assigned patients within 24 hours of receipt. As appropriate, includes history, test results, clinical observations, diagnosis statement, prognosis, and recommendations. Documents patients progress toward specified RX goals, diagnosis, change in patient status related to goals and recommendations for progress notes and/or discharge report.
4) Provides information and consultation to patients, families, caregivers, and other health care personnel involved with patient management. As indicated, provides and documents patients and families counseling to enhance understanding of disorder(s) and goals of RX. Completes appropriate consultation with MDs during patients’ course of RX. Completes consultation with nursing staff ancillary service and/or outside referring agencies as indicated. Demonstrates empathy in managing patient and family consultations.
5) Completes department operational procedures, including scheduling, billing, equipment usage, time-off requests and caseload coverage assignments. Submits patient charges and/or crediting within 24 hours. Demonstrates appropriate usage of all department equipment and issuing of equipment. Adheres to department policy for requesting time off. Provides staff coverage during staff shortage for all assigned patients in an efficient manner.
6) Assist with on-the-job orientation and training for student interns. Assists students in developing in-service. Contributes to the review of and co-signing of all documentation completed by intern. Contributes to intern rating format at midterm and end of internship.
7) Demonstrates relevant knowledge and application of clinical skills in evaluation, treatment and counseling. Establishes and implements 1-2 specific professional development objectives to be reviewed annually.
8) Meets productivity expectations as determined by the supervisor.
9) Attend in-service training, outside seminars and other meetings as directed. Presents in-service training with established guidelines.
Required Work Experience:
1) 0-3 minimum years experience as PT
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Mid-Level PT skills, Physiological Knowledge, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Motivating Others, Legal Compliance, Quality Focus, Bedside Manner, Clinical Skills, Pain Management, Persistence, Energy Level
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Arts (Required)
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation – Other, Physical Therapist – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.