Rehabilitation - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Rehabilitation
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
SIGN ON BONUS ELIGIBLE!
We are looking for a Physical Therapist II to join our Baystate Franklin Rehab services team!
Up to $4,000 sign on bonuses! (external applicants)
Resume required with application
- 40 hours, day shift
- Greenfield, MA
Graduate from an accredited physical therapy program
0-2 years of experience as a PT (New Grads welcome to apply)
Valid and active Massachusetts Physical Therapist license
CPR certification from the American Heart Association BLS Provider
Baystate Franklin Medical Center is an 89-bed community hospital in Greenfield, MA. Rooted in a rich tradition of service and accountability to the people of Franklin County, North Quabbin, and surrounding communities, BFMC services include emergency, surgery, cancer, heart and vascular, obstetrics, and more.
- More than 200 physicians on active and courtesy staff
- More than 24,000 Emergency Department visits annually
- More than 400 babies delivered each year in The Birthplace – a progressive, midwife-driven service
- Training site for the Family Medicine residency, and for residents in emergency medicine, surgery, and obstetrics programs based at Baystate Medical Center
- Franklin Medical Center joined Baystate Health in 1986
Rooted in a rich tradition of 125 years of service and accountability, our highly skilled team is committed to advancing care with our state-of-the art facilities and technology. Baystate Franklin houses a $26 million surgical center and the talented surgical teams of the Baystate Health network. Our spacious pre-surgery, recovery, and family waiting areas offer privacy and comfort with natural light, healing gardens, and other amenities. Our multidisciplinary approach gives you access to specialists from across the Baystate Health system, offering comprehensive and collaborative medical treatments close to home.
For more information, please visit us online at: www.baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at www.facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers
All correspondence can be directed to:
Cole Courtemanche, Healthcare Recruiter
Assists patients in reaching maximum physical performance while adjusting to disabilities or recovering from injuries. Treats patients using standard physical therapy procedures. Determines patients capabilities needs interests and goals and prepares individually tailored programs consistent with the physician's diagnosis. At this level incumbent is expected to function independently. Identifies, evaluates, treats and follows up clients on an inpatient, outpatient, homecare and contract basis. Provides age-appropriate care to patients as assigned. Demonstrated knowledge of developmental stages for the following age groups (infant/child, adolescence, adult and older, geriatrics) and applies developmental theories and concepts when planning and implementing care for patients Identifies, evaluates, treats and follows up clients on an inpatient, outpatient, homecare and contract basis as assigned. Evaluates all assigned patients, develops plan of treatment, provides assessment and assists in discharge planning as appropriate for each discipline. Applies treatment plan to patients within established procedures and time frames, as determined by each discipline. Completes necessary documentation to comply with professional standards department procedures for initial consult, progress notes, clinical conference notes, and dictate reports. Provides information and consultation to patients, families, caregivers, and other health care personnel involved with patient management. Completes department operational procedures, including scheduling, billing, equipment usage, time-off requests and caseload coverage assignments. Demonstrates relevant knowledge and application of clinical skills in evaluation, treatment and counseling. Meets productivity expectations as determined by the department standards.
1) Demonstrates commitment to organization service standards
2) Clinical Practice – The therapist demonstrates competent clinical practice utilizing a clinical decision-making process and critical thinking skills to effectively and efficiently deliver patient care with all healthcare providers across the continuum of care. Clinical Decision making – utilizes clinical decision making process to achieve desired patient/family outcomes.
3) Therapist – Patient Family Relationships – The therapist establishes and maintains a health, balanced and therapeutic relationship with the patient/family within the integrated healthcare system based on patient/family needs. The therapist demonstrates respect and advocates for the patient's rights, values and belief systems. Therapeutic – Therapist actions that are responsive to the patient/family needs, promote comfort and create a compassionate and therapeutic environment.
4) Patient-Family Education and Health Care Transition Management – Demonstrates a commitment to identifying and addressing the learning need of both patients and families. Patient/jFamily learning needs and education process – Identifies enhances and inhibitors to learning process and readiness to learn. Adjusts teaching strategies based on age appropriateness, ethnic and gender issues. Utilizes education strategies to manage transitions across the continuum of care.
5) Health Care Team Relationships – The therapist cooperatively interacts within the health care team to support and contribute to the shared patient/family focuses care goals. Effective and efficient use of technological and human resources to achieve desired patient/family outcomes. Health care Team Relationships – Utilizes professional communication techniques within the health care team.
6) Program Development – The therapist provides support to fellow staff, department and organization facilitating contemporary practice and programs to meet the needs of the health care community. Planning and development – Participates in activities, meetings, task forces, etc. which promote the efficient operation of the service and/or enhance the scope, rang and quality of services.
7) PI activities as directed by the manager of rehabilitation services.
8) Maintains 85% productivity
9) Completes quarterly marketing calls
10) Completes quarterly marketing calls to participants in community programming
Required Work Experience:
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Outpatient setting/Neuro/Orthopedics
Skills and Competencies:
1) None Listed
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Doctor of Physical Therapy: Physical Therapy (Required)
Basic Life Support – American Heart Association, Physical Therapist – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.