Rehabilitation - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Rehabilitation
Full Time / Part Time: Per Diem
We are looking for a Physical Therapy Assistant to join our Rehabilitation team!
New grad applicants invited to apply
Resume required with application
- Per diem shifts available; M-F Outpatient
- Springfield, MA
- MA PTA License
- American Heart Association BLS CPR to be obtain prior to first day
Baystate Medical Center is a 716-bed independent academic medical center and a teaching site of the UMass Chan Medical School-Baystate. Includes Baystate Children’s Hospital, the Wesson Women and Infants’ Unit, the region’s only Level 1 Trauma Center, and more.
As the community’s major referral hospital, we provide a wide range of services now for more than 140 years to include emergency, surgery, cancer, heart and vascular, obstetrics, behavioral health, therapy and more.
- More than 700 physicians on active and courtesy staff across our health system
- More than 197,000 Emergency Department and Urgent Care visits annually at Baystate Health
- More than 4,000 babies delivered each year across Baystate Health hospitals
- Training site for the Family Medicine residency, and for residents in emergency medicine, surgery, and obstetrics programs based at Baystate Medical Center
For more information, please visit us online at: baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers
All correspondence can be directed to:
Melanie Bischoff, Healthcare Recruiter
Under the direction of a licensed physical therapist, performs a variety of physical therapy activities to assist in the treatment of patients. Executes plans of care established by a physical therapist and communicates changes in patient status in a timely manner. Participates in program planning and supervision of student interns. Adheres to standards of practice and follows policy and procedures to ensure safe and effective patient treatments and functional outcomes. Incumbent is expected to perform other similar duties as assigned. Management has the right to change or add to the job responsibilities at any time.
1) Provides treatment and follows up clients on an inpatient, outpatient basis. Provides age-appropriate care to patients as assigned. Demonstrated knowledge of developmental stages for the following age groups (infant/child, adolescence, adult and older, geriatrics) .
2) Applies treatment plan to patients within established procedures and time frames, as determined by each discipline.
3) Completes necessary documentation to comply with professional standards department procedures for initial consult, progress notes, clinical conference notes, and dictate reports
4) Provides information to patients, families, caregivers, and other health care personnel involved with patient management
5) Provides information to patients, families, caregivers, and other health care personnel involved with patient management.
6) Completes department operational procedures, including scheduling, billing, equipment usage, time-off requests and caseload coverage assignments.
7) Demonstrates relevant knowledge and application of clinical skills in treatment of patients.
8) Meets productivity expectations as determined by the department standards.
9) Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations. Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols
10) Conveys information obtained from continuing education programs to staff by developing and conducting in-service training programs as well as participating in community programs and presenting/leading research article reviews.
11) Assists with on-the-job orientation and training for student interns
12) Professional involvement will include acting as a preceptor/instructor, becoming a committee member of a rehab or related professional internal or external organization.
13) Use clinical experience to contribute to protocols, algorithm and standards of practice.
14) Build physician relationships by participating in physician office luncheons, initiate calls to new or existing physicians.
15) Involved in program development by assisting in maintain departmental reports that monitor initiatives or action plans.
Required Work Experience:
1) 1-4 years experience as PTA
2) Successfully meet career ladder requirements for Level II
Skills and Competencies:
1) Mid-Level PTA skills, Physiological Knowledge, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Motivating Others, Legal Compliance, Quality Focus, Bedside Manner, Clinical Skills, Pain Management, Persistence, Energy Level
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associates of Science: Physical Therapy (Required)
Basic Life Support – American Heart Association, Physical Therapy Assistant – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.