Orderlies - Baystate Health
Category(s): Clinical Support, Orderlies
Full Time / Part Time: Per Diem
We are looking for a Per Diem Patient Transport Aide to join our Patient Transport team at Baystate Franklin!
Resume Required with Application
- Per Diem
- Greenfield, MA
Baystate Franklin Medical Center is an 89-bed community hospital in Greenfield, MA. Rooted in a rich tradition of service and accountability to the people of Franklin County, North Quabbin, and surrounding communities, BFMC services include emergency, surgery, cancer, heart and vascular, obstetrics, and more.
- More than 200 physicians on active and courtesy staff
- More than 24,000 Emergency Department visits annually
- More than 400 babies delivered each year in The Birthplace – a progressive, midwife-driven service
- Training site for the Family Medicine residency, and for residents in emergency medicine, surgery, and obstetrics programs based at Baystate Medical Center
- Franklin Medical Center joined Baystate Health in 1986
Rooted in a rich tradition of 125 years of service and accountability, our highly skilled team is committed to advancing care with our state-of-the art facilities and technology. Baystate Franklin houses a $26 million surgical center and the talented surgical teams of the Baystate Health network. Our spacious pre-surgery, recovery, and family waiting areas offer privacy and comfort with natural light, healing gardens, and other amenities. Our multidisciplinary approach gives you access to specialists from across the Baystate Health system, offering comprehensive and collaborative medical treatments close to home.
For more information, please visit us online at: baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers
All correspondence can be directed to:
Cole Courtemanche, Healthcare Recruiter
Participates in patient care by assisting health care team members with lifting and transfer of patients adheres to all patient and employee safety protocols. Possesses strong communication skills and team building attitude delivers patient records, portable equipment, linens, code carts or medications to support patient care delivery.
1) Performs lifting and transfer procedures in accordance with policy.
2) Adheres to all safety practices with regards to patient and self.
3) Transports equipment, material, records, reports, pharmaceuticals and specimens to various locations.
4) Communicates effectively in a courteous and helpful manner with patients, visitors and co-workers.
5) Maintains essential equipment of the transport department by cleaning and assuring the equipment functions properly.
6) Adheres to all infection control policies and procedures 100% of the time.
7) Participates in competency validations, educational activities and department meetings.
Required Work Experience:
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Prior experience working in a hospital setting
Skills and Competencies:
1) Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, ability to effectively communicate with clinical staff, patients and visitors
2) Ability to work collaboratively within and across departments
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Basic Life Support – American Heart Association
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.