Staff Assistant; Customer Service - Baystate Health
Category(s): Administrative Support, Staff Assistant; Customer Service
Full Time / Part Time: Part-Time
The Patient Service Representative will perform general duties in support of the Cardiopulmonary Department. This department encompasses Cardiac, Neurology and Pulmonary testing. The position will help support administrative duties in the Cardiac/Pulmonary Rehab department on an add needed basis.
Telephone and face-to-face interaction with patients, Providers and staff in a friendly, compassionate, Professional, and tactful manner is expected.
Commitment to excellent patient, and Provider, experience and adherence to Baystate Health Operating Principles is required.
Display commitment to safe-guarding patient confidentiality as required by Baystate Health.
1) Greets patients in a friendly, welcoming, and professional manner. Is as helpful as possible. Maintains patient confidentiality, use the system to verify reason for visit. Gather and/or verify patient demographics. Maintain patient waiting area
2) Provides prompt, courteous answers to telephone calls, email inquiries, or requests for general assistance from patients, providers, employees, and management.
3) Displays initiative in improving organization of office and processes in a collaborative manner. Assist patients or customers fill out and complete medical release of information accurately. Understands insurance coverage and hospital billing
4) Will maintain competencies in Centricity, operating a copy machine, FAX machine, scanner, office. telephone system, web paging system and CIS electronic medical record. Some Word and Excel as needed.
5) Gathering testing orders to put testing rosters together for all testing. Sleep Study requires previous testing and office notes.
6) Sending out testing results to providers as needed and requested.
7) Prepares paperwork and sends to HIM scanning.
8) Schedules/creates new appointments according to department guidelines. Some rescheduling of patients as needed. Makes reminder calls to patients. Cancels appointments managing wait lists and no shows. Works with physician and department schedule as needed when scheduling patients in accordance with department (i.e. Echocardiogram, Vascular testing, PFT testing).
9) Frequent communication and collaboration with physician offices and other hospital departments required. Develops and maintains working relationships with coworkers and providers, other agencies and ancillaries.
10) Plays a supportive role in the Cardiopulmonary Dept. Helps others as needed and requested.
11) Enters work orders as needed and requested.
12) Adapts to changes in work environment as required to meet the need of the department.
13) Makes recommendation for changes to improve quality, efficiency or patient experience.
14) Obtains interpreter services for the department when needed.
15) May include additional duties as needed.
Required Work Experience:
1) 18 months or experience/education equivalent to that generally received by obtaining HS graduation
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Customer Service or Medical office background
Skills and Competencies:
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, basic medical terminology, strong English grammar skills, and all basic office procedures. Excellent communication skills. Able to work as part of a team and at times alone. Willingness to learn and accept feedback.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.