Care and Case Managers - Baystate Health
Category(s): Nursing, Care and Case Managers
Full Time / Part Time: Part-Time
- Responsible for the facilitation of accurate patient placement into the health system based on clinical relevance, with integration of care management skills to support organizational fiscal goals.
- Supports the patient throughput assistant in daily work and acts as the clinical expert/decision maker for daily throughput for BHS.
- Responsible for the daily work of integrating clinical and financial components to accurately reflect the appropriate level of care and patient placement decisions.
- Manages and coordinates BH ED patient admission requests and Regional Transfer Center requests for correct placement into BH hospitals, where care can be provided in the right setting.
- Work closely with providers for transfer requests seeking specialty services to ensure care can be provided prior to acceptance.
- Manages all internal flow/throughput for patients who may need to move from one level of care or bed to another.
- Responsible for upholding decision making processes related to management of appropriate bed assignment and patient flow.
- MA Licensed RN and Bachelors Degree required
- 5 yrs acute care clinical nursing required, ED, Critical Care Experience strongly preferred
- Requires a working knowledge of community resources and Utilization/Quality Review standards.
- Understanding of the hospitals patient placement guidelines to support patient throughput.
- Critical thinking with the ability to assess and prioritize decisions in a rapidly changing environment.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills in order to interact with all levels of health care providers and support staff.
- Excellent computer, telephone, organizational, and relationship building skills.
- Part Time 24 hours Nights 7PM- 7AM.
- Every 3rd weekend
- Holiday rotation
THE ADVANTAGES OF WORKING WITH BAYSTATE!
- Excellent Compensation High-quality, low-cost medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous PTO Continuing education support and reimbursement
- 403b retirement company match & annual company contribution increase based on years of service
- Wellbeing programs that include but are not limited to mental, physical, and financial health
- Pet, home, auto and personal insurance. Life Insurance
- Reimbursement for a variety of wellbeing activities, included but limited to gym membership and equipment, personal trainer, massage and so much more!
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Nursing Degree: Nursing (Required)
Certified Registered Nurse – Other, Registered Nurse – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.