Customer Service - Baystate Health
Category(s): Administrative Support, Customer Service
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Thank you for applying to the Patient Placement Assistant position.
Rotating weekends and holidays
Experience within Baystate as PCT, MA, other clinical role great match for this role.
Under direction of the Patient Placement Care Manager, receives and assesses requests from all major customer constituencies: patients, providers, Patient Placement Care Manager and service areas including the regional transfer service at BMC.. Analyzes customer requests and coordinates accurate and thorough information exchange. Is able to prioritize assignments of all inpatient, observation and day stay patients. Conducts the necessary review to properly place a patient based on scripted criteria provided. Provides accurate documentation following all established protocols. Collaborates with service area and acts as liaison between Baystate Health and our external customers to satisfy customer requests. Is responsible to coordinate patient placement functions in collaboration with the throughput nurse. Performs responsibilities within established customer service standards. Responsible for assisting department manager in the collection of key data elements utilized in monitoring department metrics as directed.
1) Processes all assigned admissions and related transactions within established monthly QA thresholds for Bed Management Dashboard, SMS, On-Line Survey, and E-mail boxes as assigned . Assists department manager in metric reporting using Excel or Microsoft word documents.
2) Collects demographic, insurance and clinical information necessary to appropriately place the patient, assists in supportive role for the Patient Throughput team including transfer service functions.
3) Collects information via software systems to proficiently place patients based on clinical guidelines, Collaborates with the Patient throughput nurse to place patients, Escalates issues patient placement charge nurse as they arise.
4) Processes all calls in a Service Excellence oriented manner. Adheres to call guides and flows. Communicates in a professional manner appropriate and respectful to the age/comprehension level of the patient and/or family member as well as hospital staff
5) Maintains call levels/call guides based on data from monthly telephone Quality Assurance. Signs in and out of correct lines assigned
6) Problem Solving. Recognizes and communicates problems to the right person/system. Offers constructive ideas/suggestions for solving problems.
7) Learning. Attends required in-service/meetings. Maintains resource materials. Applies acquired skills. Adheres to policy & procedures. Accepts/encourages assessment/feedback from peers and manager.
8) Attends required in-service/meetings. Maintains resources. Accepts/encourages assessment/feedback from peers and supervisors.
9) Functions as a pivotal part of the throughput team, reports concerns as they arise to the appropriate person.
10) Communicates with Patient throughput nurse manager on department concerns as they arise.
Required Work Experience:
1) Proven customer service experience, ability to synthesize clinical information to properly place patients to the correct location
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Clinical background, Direct Patient care experience preferred,
Skills and Competencies:
1) None Listed
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associates of Science, GED or HiSET: Medical Terminology (Required)
Certified Home Health Aid – Other, Certified Nurse Aide – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.