Customer Service - Baystate Health
Category(s): Administrative Support, Customer Service
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Reports to the Patient Experience Manager, dotted reporting relationship to Director, Ambulatory Quality
Champions and facilitates improvement efforts related to Patient Experience across Baystate Medical Practices (BMP) Ambulatory enterprise. The Ambulatory enterprise covers nearly eighty practices, in over twenty-five locations, and includes ten service lines. In collaboration with clinical and administrative leadership, facilitates initiatives that foster and enhance a culture of patient and family centered excellence.
Responsible for planning, design/development, implementation, and evaluation of patient experience initiatives. Interfaces regularly with leaders, providers, managers, staff, patients, and family members. Facilitates BMP patient experience task forces, work groups, and project teams and serves as a single point of contact for those work efforts.
1) Provides leadership in collaboration with Chief Patient Experience Officer and in partnership with Director of Ambulatory Quality and Medical Management to promote integration and alignment of patient experience strategies with teams across BMP. Works within systems in order to accomplish patient, departmental and organizational goals related to the Patient Experience goals.
2) Continually evaluates progress, identifies and mitigates barriers to success in order to achieve targeted results. Analyzes and monitors patient experience data and identified key metrics to drive improvement outcomes for patient-centered excellence. Promotes excellence in care through direct interaction, observation, and ongoing evaluation of data including patient, family, and employee satisfaction, patient outcomes, and feedback from other members of the healthcare team.
3) Participates in patient experience strategic planning, coordinates execution of work plan, and manages selected projects and programs. Develops and executes patient experience project plans, goals and objectives in collaboration with leadership. Utilizes performance improvement principles to design processes for success and sustained gains. Follows issues through until resolution occurs. Communicates and collaborates with colleagues on opportunities for, and expectations of care that reflects patient centered excellence.
4) Participates in rounding at practices/clinics and proactively responds to patient needs to improve patient outcomes and positively impacts overall patient experience.
5) Collaborates with leadership, managers, staff and providers to identify system/process work to ensure excellence in patient centered care consistent with the strategic plan and system goals. Collaborates with the ambulatory quality team and ambulatory service line leaders to institute a patient experience champion program. Provide coaching and education for the patient experience champions.
Provides regular status report updates to leadership. Promotes an environment where open, honest communication allows for equality, shared responsibility and mutual respect. Participates in multidisciplinary forums in order to problem solve and facilitate planning. Seeks opportunities to build healthy relationships with others. Participates in service line, practice, and/or hospital committees as requested. Provides timely feedback to colleagues through formal and informal forums. Values and supports inquiry and learning.
6) Solicits input and participation of all key stakeholders (direct care staff, ancillary staff, providers, and leadership)
7) Ensures the integrity of the Baystate Health brand.
8) Identifies best practices and best principles and develops action plans for patient experience design and satisfaction improvement. Conducts ongoing best practice research to identify areas of growth/improvement.
9) Supports the ongoing development of staff through coaching, mentoring, and role modeling as it relates to patient experience. Supports change by ensuring appropriate support and resources to staff. Seeks opportunities to build working alliances with other professional groups. Demonstrates excitement and enthusiasm for patient experience-related initiatives. Seeks guidance for appropriate resources in overcoming barriers. Provides opportunities to recognize staff.
10) Communicates and interacts with patients, families and others in a caring, empathetic, courteous, and respectful manner.
11) Coordinates activities related to Transparency Committee and Find A Provider functions on baystatehealth.org. Serves as a Transparency committee member.
12) Coordinates and performs reviews of patient experience comments, including determination if concerns require entry to complaint system or immediate follow up. Communicates with practice leaders to ensure timely follow up of such concerns. Assists practice leaders with reviewing comments for themes that require action or further review, and makes connections when themes cross service lines.
Required Work Experience:
1) 3-5 years Change management or customer service
Preferred Work Experience:
1) 3-5 years patient experience
Skills and Competencies:
1) Demonstrate a customer service commitment to patients through adherence to customer service standards and processes.
2) Mentor staff in service recovery.
3) Use focus groups, one-on-one interviews, pertinent documentation, observations and other appropriate techniques for determining the needs for achieve optimal Patient Experience and Service Excellence.
4) Facilitates resolution of patient complaints as necessary to assure optimal outcomes.
5) Works with staff to create continuous organizational transformation to meet ongoing needs of patients and families.
6) Provide support and facilitation to teams to assist them to reach consensus on course of action when there are multiple perspectives.
7) Understand the use of qualitative and quantitative analysis and other techniques to translate data into relevant, useful information that drives change.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Arts (Required), Master of Arts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.