Customer Service - Baystate Health
Category(s): Administrative Support, Customer Service
Full Time / Part Time: Part-Time
One to three paragraphs describing job function. In addition to job qualifications this will be used for posting. This section should include tie to line of sight and employee engagement – how this job relates to our vision and mission. (Do not use bulleted text.)
The Patient Liaison is responsible for greeting the general public in the waiting room and serve as a communication link between staff, patients and their families. They assist the practice team by proactively eliciting concerns, requests and works with the rest of the staff to meet patient needs. In some areas, patient liaison assists with facilitating virtual visits for patient's and their families when the patients are unable to visit. This includes working with the families to ensure the family is able to leverage devices to enable the virtual visit.
Adheres to system and department compliance policies, and any and all applicable laws and regulations. Performs other duties as assigned.
Expansion of the summary description. Specific job related responsibilities that will be used to measure performance. Please check which job responsibilities are “Essential Functions” as defined by the Americans With Disability Act. View ADA Requirements
1. Demonstrates knowledge of developmental stages for the following age groups and applies developmental theories and concepts when planning and implementing care for patients.
2. Greets all patients and visitors who arrive and depart from the Emergency Department, identifies any potential needs that he/she can effectively meet and communicate hospital policy/procedures when applicable. Directs patients/visitors to the appropriate area, i.e. Triage, Registration, Lab, Pods, Acts as a liason between patient/family and to the care team to ensure communication is occurring and information is communicated accurately.
3. Responsibilities for maintaining a supportive environment in the waiting room. Makes waiting room rounds at least every hour. Anticipates the need of families/significant others of patients who have been immediately been brought into the department and attempts to provide them with information as soon as possible. Notifies the Triage Nurse or Charge Nurse of possible emerging problems
4. Frequently available to patients/visitors in the waiting room to answer any questions they may have or provide them with informational updates. Prioritizes patients/visitors requests and effectively communicates follow up to the requester.
5. Makes consistent rounds of patients in the treatment area determining the specific patient needs and implements follow up actions as appropriate per departmental guidelines.
6. Contributes to the achievement of excellent patient care within the Practice. Fosters an environment that reflects team work by offering help to those who are in need of assistance and demonstrates respectful communication with all co-workers.
7. Successfully deals with challenging day to day interactions with patients, families, visitors, and customers in a consistent manner. Effectively utilizes escalation/de-escalation process and methodologies.
8. Arranges transportation -Functions as liaison between patients/families in relation to arranging for transportation upon discharge. Arranges for escort service with security when visitors are requesting to obtain services from other areas of the hospital
9. Assists with technologies that enable virtual connections between patients and family.
Unless otherwise required by certification, licensure, or registration, an equivalent combination of education and experience which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed in this description may be substituted for the minimally required education and/or experience listed in the Qualifications section below.
Minimally Required Education: If none required select “none required”.
Minimally Required Experience: If none required select “none required”.
Successful work within a customer service environment
Effective Communications (both written and verbal) and organizational skills required.
Ability to work cooperatively as a team player.
Some computer system/application skills.
General Service Excellence Principles.
Demonstrates strong problem solving skills.
Ability to multitask and handle competing demands under pressure.
Self resilience and empathy.
Bilingual language skills preferred.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.