Patient Education - Baystate Health
Category(s): Education, Patient Education
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Medical language specialist whose expert depth and breadth of professional experience enables him or her to serve as a medical language resource to originators, coworkers, and/or other healthcare providers on a regular basis. Incumbent routinely researches and resolves complex questions related to health information or related documentation. Regularly uses extensive experience to interpret dictation that others are unable to clarify.
The incumbent will receive request for slides, distribute slides and reports, accession incoming consults for patient care, and log slides for send back. Customer service skills are mandatory and the incumbent will act as a liaison on behalf of the department and interact with all levels from management, to physician, to patients' and their family members.
1) Mastery of PPIF II
2) Transcribes dictation and hand written notes from physicians and other healthcare providers in order to document patient care. Typing 80-85 words per minute with 90% accuracy of clinical patient reports
3) Demonstrates proficient leadership skills in the absence of Coordinator with ability to make competent decisions and problem solve independently.
4) Triaging, prioritizing, problem solving skills involving clinical patient care reports and issues. Training PPIF I and II (one-on-one) and a resource person for the office.
5) Ability to proof and edit clinical patient care reports and responsible for continuous quality check of patient reports. Proficient with CoPath and/or SunQuest, and OAS Gold and/or CIS for clinical patient care reports and registration of patient consults, etc. Demonstrates knowledge of purging, sending and retrieving of pathology patient care reports and archiving of patient care reports.
6) Proficient at obtaining all necessary information for the following: patient care, consults and slide send outs/send backs. Demonstrates the ability to track inventory and order supplies for the clinical office. Responsible in obtaining and organizing information for QA reporting for the department and distributing to appropriate personnel for reporting.
7) Initiates and assists with investigation of issues with patient reports and slides. Proficient in all levels of processing of patient reports from receipt of specimen to sign-out in the laboratory setting. Demonstrates mastery as a resource person for levels I through III as well as for the department, clients (internal and external), personnel and physicians.
Required Work Experience:
1) All Level II proficient
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Strong PC and processing skills, financial windows and database management skills required
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Certified Medical Terminology – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.